Getting connected with Samsung's IR Blaster.
Samsung's Infrared Blaster (or IR Blaster) is a device that transmits an infrared signals. It controls a device that is normally operated only by remote control key press. Firstly, IR blaster needs to be paired with the Samsung’s Smart TV via Bluetooth.
The most common use of an IR blaster is to allow a device to change the channel and control the options on an external device such as a cable box, set-top box, blu-ray player, DVD etc.
(IR Blaster indicating pairing state)
Advantages of using an IR Blaster :
● IR Blaster enables us to control connected external devices with TV using the Smart Touch Control.
● IR Blaster sends an IR signal into a corresponding external device.
● Gives freedom to operate connected devices through gesture and voice.
● Power switch to turn ON/OFF an IR blaster in order to save batteries life.
● Pairing button enables us to get connected with Smart TV via bluetooth.
(Bottom of an IR Blaster)
Precautions while using an IR Blaster :
● IR Blaster must be located nearby with external devices connected to the TV.
● There should be no obstacle between the external device's IR receiver and an IR Blaster.
● Install the IR Blaster within 50 cm and 45 degrees of the up, down, left and right directions of the IR sensor of the external device.
● If you control an external device by using the Smart Touch Control, the IR Blaster sends an IR signal into a corresponding external device.
To know how to setup IR Blaster in Samsung E series Smart TV CLICK HERE.
NOTE: IR Blaster is available with Samsung E series 7/8/9 models only.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
All Days 9AM to 9PM
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .