- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AR Doodle+ 2.0 Contest
1. This AR Doodle + 2.0 Contest (“Contest”) is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”) on Instagram to promote 'togetherness' and the expression of love by using a novel technology that is available on the Galaxy devices based on the theme of “Love” subject to the terms and conditions as follows.
2. The Contest will run according to the theme below:
Contest Period: 7 February to 6 March 2020 (“Contest Period”) The Contest will end at 11:59 PM on 6 March 2020. Samsung’s server is the official time- keeping device for this Contest.
Grand Prize Announcement on 13 March 2020
Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
3. This Contest is open to participants who are:
a. Residents of Malaysia; and
b. Aged 18 years old and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 7 Feb 2020); or
c. children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 7 February 2020)
By participating in this Contest, each contestants (interchangeably referred to as “Participant”, “You” or “Your”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For Participant aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age, such Participant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the Participant including his/her parent/guardian shall irrevocably be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
4. Employees or agents of Samsung or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to enter.
How to Participate
5. This Contest will run on Instagram:
a. Participants will have to follow @SamsungMalaysia Instagram account.
b. Participants will need to:
i. Snap AR videos of their object of choice together with a partner based on the theme
ii. Illustrate doodles and drawings on their videos according to the theme stipulated using AR Doodle
iii. Upload video submissions on their Instagram profile, include the hashtag #ValentineswithGalaxy #ARDoodlePlus #GalaxyNote10Lite and tag @SamsungMalaysia
iv. Ensure that their Instagram accounts are set to ‘public’
v. Enter at least 3 submissions throughout the Contest Period to be in the running to win the Grand Prize
c. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected based on the entire Contest Period from 7 February to 6 March 2020.
d. The Contest will end at 11:59 PM on 6 March 2020. Entries received after this will not be entertained or qualified as a valid entry.
6. Participants must ensure that his/her Instagram account to public so entries can be seen by Samsung.
7. Participants that have been identified as winners will then be required to provide their contact details (name, IC number, mobile number, and mailing address) by 20 March 2020, failing which it will be deemed as null and void.
8. Grand Prize winner announcement will be made on the Samsung Mobile Malaysia Facebook and/or Instagram page on 13 March 2020.
9. Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
i. Creativity and originality of submission
ii. Participants must submit a minimum of 3 videos within the Contest Period
iii. Participants are allowed to upload as many submissions as possible, the more submissions, the higher the chances of winning the Grand Prize. Final decision made is based on creativity of the submission.
iv. The judges’ decision is final.
10. Grand Prize: Two (2) units of the Samsung Galaxy Note10 Lite
a. Only one (1) Winner will be selected to receive two (2) units of the Samsung Galaxy Note10 Lite
b. Prizes will be delivered to the winners within 30 working days after the contest end date or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung
11. Prizes are given out on an ”As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
12. Judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
Delivery of Prize(s) and Prize Redemption
13. Samsung reserves the right to appoint a third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider to handle the fulfilment or making available of the Prizes and delivery of the Prize(s) to you. By providing your personal information including name, delivery address, contact numbers, email address and other information to Samsung, Samsung can use and/or disclose to such third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider for the purposes of delivery service.
14. Samsung shall not be responsible or liable for any delays or non-delivery of the Prize.
15. The Winners shall attend a prize presentation ceremony and/other publicity programs as and when required by Samsung at winner’s own cost and expenses. If the Winners fail to attend such ceremony and/or other publicity programs, Samsung reserves the right to forfeit the Prize(s) of the Winner and select another Winner.
16. Any Prize not won or unclaimed will be forfeited, it will thereafter be deemed to have lapsed unconditionally and irrevocably. The Winner whose prize has been forfeited or unclaimed is not entitled to any payment or compensation from Samsung notwithstanding non-receipt of notification.
Terms of Participation
17. By entering this Contest, the Participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photo is an original work and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the submission.
18. Copyright of all photos submitted to this competition remains with the Participants. However, by participating in this Contest, Participants agree to grant Samsung a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, copy, publicly display, sublicense, modify and fully exploit any photo submitted.
19. Samsung will not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Participant to claim their Prizes if any.
20. Each Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this contest. Each Participant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram; at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or
21. Participants will only be confirmed as winners after the verification of validity of each participation. Samsung reserves the right to check the validity of any participation. Entries failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions herein will not be accepted. Samsung reserves the right to
disqualify any participant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that the contestant’s entry and/or results has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers.
22. Each participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this contest.
Liability and Responsibility
23. Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind by anyone including third party in connection with the Campaign resulting from the photos submitted and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from any Campaign activity, including without limitation, infringement of intellectual property or trademark rights, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Rights of Samsung
24. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services or other online platforms and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Contest.
25. Samsung has the absolute right to disqualify/remove any submission by the Participants that is defamatory, malicious towards any party or has potential adverse impact to the Contest and/or Samsung’s brand and reputation.
26. Except where expressly provided herein, Participant shall bear your own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from your participation in the Contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung
27. In the event of discrepancies of any information submitted by the Participant during verification of Participants by Samsung or any breach third party’s intellectual property rights or privacy by the Participant, Samsung has absolute right to reject to disqualify the submission and the Participant and
has the right to select the next suitable Participant as winner.
28. Samsung reserves the right to reject any post/ winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
29. Samsung reserves the right to change the Prizes with item(s) of equal value and to change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
30. In case of any dispute, Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision. Samsung’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
31. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this contest, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung’s control);
b. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
d. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
e. Any tax liability incurred by a participant; or
f. Use of the prize(s).
32. Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Samsung shall not entitle the participants to any claim or compensation against Samsung for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
33. Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
35. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each Participant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.