- Terms and Conditions
Check out these amazing creations
before you unleash your ImagineNation!
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This contest is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”).
2. The Unleash Your ImagineNation Contest (“Contest”) will run in 3 phases (“Contest Period”) according to themes like below:
- Theme 1: Chiller Than Chill (21st December 2018 to 1st January 2019)
- Theme 2: Chitter Chatter (1st January 2019 to 14th January 2019)
- Theme 3: Eat, Eat, Eat (14th January 2019 to 26th January 2019)
Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
3. This Contest is open to contestants who are:
a. Residents of Malaysia;
4. Employees or agents of Samsung or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
5. This Contest will run on Instagram:
a. Participants will have to follow the @SamsungMalaysia Instagram account.
b. Participants will need to:
i. Snap a photo of their object of choice based on the weekly theme.
ii. Illustrate doodles and drawings on their photos according to the themes stipulated.
iii. Upload photo submission on their Instagram profile, include the hashtag #ImagineNationNote9 and tag @SamsungMalaysia
iv. Ensure that their Instagram accounts are set to ‘public’.
v. Enter at least 1 photo submission per theme, for all 3 themes, to be in the running to win the Grand Prize.
c. Two hundred (200) winners will be selected for the periods of 21st – 1st January 2019; 1st January 2019 – 14th January 2019; 14th January 2019 – 26th January 2019.
d. Two (2) Grand Prize winners will be selected based on the entire contest duration from 21st December 2018 – 26th January 2019.
e. The contest will end at 11:59 PM on 26th January 2019. Entries received after this will not be entertained or qualified as a valid entry.
6. Participants must ensure that his/her Instagram account to public so entries can be seen by Samsung.
7. Participants that have been identified as winners will then be required to provide their contact details (name, IC number, mobile number, and mailing address) by 8th February 2019, failing which it will be deemed as null and void.
8. Winners’ announcement will be made on the Samsung Mobile Malaysia Facebook page in phases according to the themes:
- Theme 1: Chiller Than Chill on 4th January 2019
- Theme 2: Chitter Chatter on 15th January 2019
- Theme 3: Eat, Eat, Eat on 28th January 2019
Grand Prize on 30th January 2019
9. Submissions will be judged on these following criteria:
a. 600 pairs of Selfie Museum tickets:
● Creativity and originality of submission.
● Participants are allowed to upload as many submissions as possible, the more submissions, the higher the chances of winning the weekly prizes.
● Weekly prizes are only limited to one (1) redemption per every 200 participants.
b. Grand Prize: 2 units of the Samsung Galaxy Note9.
● Creativity and originality of
● Participants must submit photos for all 3 themes within the Contest Period Participants are allowed to upload as many submissions as possible, the more submissions, the higher the chances of winning the Grand Prize. Final decision made is based on
10. 600 pairs of Selfie Museum tickets
a. Winners will each receive a pair of Selfie Museum tickets (“Prize”) after the Contest Period. There are a total of 600 pairs of Selfie Museum Tickets to be given out.
11. Grand Prize: 2 units of the Samsung Galaxy Note9
a. Two (2) Winners be selected to receive 1 unit Samsung Galaxy Note9.
b. Prizes will be delivered to the winners within 30 working days after the contest date or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung
12. Prizes are given out on an ”As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
13. Judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
Delivery of Prize(s) and Prize Redemption
1. Samsung reserves the right to appoint a third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider to handle the fulfilment or making available of the Prizes and delivery of the Prize(s) to you. By providing your personal information including name, delivery address, contact numbers, email address and other information to Samsung, Samsung can use and/or disclose to such third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider for the purposes of delivery service.
2. Samsung shall not be responsible or liable for any delays or
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. By entering this Contest, the Participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photo is an original work and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the submission.
2. Copyright of all photos submitted to this competition remains with the Participants. However, by participating in this Contest, Participants agree to grant Samsung a perpetual, irrevocable,
3. Samsung will not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Participant to claim their Prizes if any.
4. Each Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other
a. In connection with this contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram;
at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
5. Participants will only be confirmed as winners after the verification of
6. Each participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this contest.
1. Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind by anyone including third party in connection with the Campaign resulting from the photos submitted and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from any Campaign activity, including without limitation, infringement of intellectual property or trademark rights, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
RIGHTS OF SAMSUNG
1. Samsung reserves the right to reject any post/ winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
2. Samsung reserves the right to change the Prizes with item(s) of equal value and to change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
3. In case of any dispute, Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision. Samsung’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
4. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by the law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this contest, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung’s control);
b. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
d. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
e. Any tax liability incurred by a contestant;
5. Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For
6. Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
2. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.