Terms & Conditions
1. The “Mirror Mirror Me Online Contest” (“Contest ”) will commence from 27th September 2018
2. Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (interchangeably referred to as “Samsung” or “Organizer”) shall reserve the right to shorten or extend or cancel the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
3. This Contest is open to all the Samsung Galaxy users in Malaysia who are:
i. aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 27th September 2018),
4. By participating in this Contest, each contestant (interchangeably referred to as “Contestant”, “You” or “Your”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age, such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall irrevocably be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
5. Employees or agents of the Organizer or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to enter.
6. Contestants who are incapacitated or unqualified for entering the Republic of Korea will be excluded from 1st winner (appearing on Get it Beauty Better Girls and touring in Korea) candidates.
How to Participate
7. Participation is through the “Mirror Mirror Me Online Contest” (“Contest”) on Instagram only.
8. To participate in the Contest, each Contestant shall :
8.1 Contestant will have to upload ‘mirror selfie photo or video using Samsung Galaxy Smart Phone on his or her Instagram together with the hashtag “#BetterGirlsMalaysia”, “#BetterYou”, “#GalaxyFanWeeks”, “#withGalaxy”, and tag @samsungmalaysia Instagram
8.2 Contestant is required to tag one of his or her Instagram friend on the post.
8.3 Contestant must ensure that his or her Instagram account
8.4 Contestants can submit as many videos or photos as they like but each Contestant can only win once in this Contest (unique NRIC number to be verified).
8.5 If there are duplicate entries from the same Contestant, the first post would be considered.
9. The Contest will end on 28th October 2018 23:59 pm. Entries received after 23:59 pm will not be entertained or qualified as a valid entry.
10. 10,000 pieces of entry gift are redeemable via Samsung Members
11. 50 winners will be shortlisted and announced on samsung.com, Instagram, and Facebook on 29th October 2018. Winners will get tickets to participate in K-styling workshop on 1st
12. Three winners will be selected at the on-site venue event among the attendees.
Prizes and Winner Selection Mechanism
13. Prizes for this Contest consist of the following:
13.1 For the 1st award, three individuals will be hosted to the Republic of Korea and join <Get it Beauty Better Girls School>, a TV program produced directed by CJ ENM, with Korean celebrities and makeup artists for three days and tour around Seoul and nearby areas for two days.
13.2 For the 2nd award, 50 winners will get the chance to join ‘Get it beauty Malaysia’ event on 1st November 2018. All the winners will redeem the 1 pair ticket to this event.
14. The prizes are neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash.
15. There are a total of 50 shortlisted winner will receive a notification through the message on Instagram from Samsung or its authorized agent after the Contest Period.
16. All shortlisted winners must submit the required contact details and documents (name, IC copy, mobile number and mailing address and IMEI number) for verification to (email@example.com) within two  days after the notification is sent.
17. The winner is required to produce a Proof of Identity during or prior to prize redemption for purposes of verification. The only forms of Proof of Identity accepted by the Organiser are as follows: Malaysian Identity card/Passport/Drivers license. A failure to provide any Proof of Identity and/or any discrepancy found in the identification and verification of the Contestant entitles the Organiser to disqualify winner.
18. Winners who completed verification within the period must arrive at the time, date and location specified by the Organiser. Samsung reserves the right to forfeit the prize if the winner fails to collect the prize on the date and location specified.
19. In the event of discrepancies of any information submitted by the Contestant during verification of Winners by the Organiser or any breach third party’s intellectual property rights or privacy by the Contestant, the Organiser has absolute right to reject to disqualify the submission and the Winner and has the right to select the next suitable Contestant as winner.
20. The Organiser reserves the right to reject any post/ Winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever. In case of any dispute, the Organizer reserves the right to make the final decision. The Organiser’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
21. By participating in this, the Contestant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the Terms and Conditions stated herein and the decisions of the Organiser.
22. The followings are the judging criteria:
22.1 Contestant must hashtag “#BetterGirlsMalaysia”, “#BetterYou”, “#GalaxyFanWeeks”, “#withGalaxy”, and tag @samsungmalaysia Instagram. Failing which, they will be disqualified from the Contest.
22.2 Fulfillment of the mirror selfie photo or video: 10 points
22.3 The submission was taken using Samsung Galaxy product by showing Samsung logo: 20 points
22.4 Audiences with more followers: up to 30 points
i. over 1000 followers: 30 points
ii. 800-999 followers: 25 points
iii. 600-799 followers: 20 points
iv. 500-599 followers: 15 points
v. 100-499 followers: 10 points
vi. 0-99 followers: 0 points
22.5 Participants who submit participants gift’s redemption form through Samsung Members: 20 points
22.6 Contestant tag one of his or her Instagram friend: 20points
22.7 For posts with same points garnered, the post that
23. All judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or questions will be entertained.
24. By entering this Contest, the Participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted picture is an original work and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the entry.
25. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her selfies, videos, name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this Contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Instagram profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram;
at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
26. The Organiser shall not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Contestant to claim their prizes if any and reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant and select the next qualified Contestant as Winner without any liability to the disqualified Contestant whatsoever.
Liability and Responsibility
27. By participating in this Contest , each Contestant agrees to release and hold the Organiser and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the product, or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
28. Each Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this Contest.
Terms and Conditions of Entry Gift
30. The Promotion is available during the Promotion Period only. The redemption of Entry Gift is on first come first served basis and shall subject to stock availability.
31. The Entry Gift is not redeemable for cash, not exchangeable or transferable.
32. The Organiser reserves the rights to change the Promotion with product/offer of similar value in the event of the incident that is outside control of the Organiser.
33. By participating in this Promotion, consumer fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the Terms and Conditions Free stated herein and decisions of the Organiser.
34. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to the extent permitted by law.
35. The Organiser is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Promotion.
36. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or personal injury which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or sustained as a result of or in connection with the Promotion.
37. In case of any dispute, the Organiser reserves the right to make the final decision. Organiser’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
39. In the event of inconsistencies between the terms and conditions found elsewhere with regard to this Promotion (if any) and the Terms and Conditions herein, the latter (i.e. these Terms and Conditions) shall prevail.
40. These Terms and Condition herein shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Malaysian law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
How to Redeem Entry Gift
41. Participation is through the “Mirror Mirror Me Online Contest” (“Contest”) on Instagram.
42. Apply Entry Gift redemption form through Samsung Members
42.1 Contestant need to submit Instagram URL for proof of Mirror Mirror Me contest
42.2 Contestant need to input recipient’s Name, Contacts, address to get entry gift
42.3 Samsung will verify the submitted URL.
42.4 After verification, Contestant will receive entry gift through the information where they put.
Other General Terms and Conditions
43. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.