Terms & Conditions
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Campaign
Purchase a new Galaxy Note9 and receive a MYSTERY GIFT when you activate your Samsung Pay and make ONE(1) transaction on your new device! (“Campaign”)
Details of Campaign
Every user who purchases the Samsung Galaxy Note9 (“User”) is entitled to a MYSTERY GIFT when Users activate Samsung Pay and make ONE(1 ) transaction of any value during the Campaign Period.
Terms and Conditions
1. Campaign Period. This Campaign commences from 9.00 am 22nd August 2018 and ends at 11.59pm 30th September 2018 (the “Campaign Period”) or when 1500 individuals are awarded on first come, first served basis during this Campaign Period, whichever is earlier. Samsung’s server is the official time-keeping device for this Campaign.
2. Organizer: This Campaign is organised by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”).
3. Eligibility. This Campaign is open to individuals who:
(a) Are residents of Malaysia (including Malaysian and/or non-Malaysian) and:
i. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 22 August 2018); or
ii. Children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 22 August 2018). In the event the children is below 18 years old, please seek consent from parent/guardian before participating in this Campaign. Participation by consumers under 18 years old will be deemed to be accompanied with consent by the parent/guardian;
(b) Users Samsung Galaxy Note9; and
(c) Have registered for a valid Samsung Account ID. Samsung Accounts are free but subject to Terms and Conditions. If you do not have a Samsung Account, visit https:account.samsung.com/ and follow the links and instructions to create an account.
4. How to participate:
(a) Users must:
i. Activate Samsung Pay with a valid Samsung Account.
ii. Tap on the Campaign banner, click on “Join Now” and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
iii. Fill in the required information and select “Confirm”.
iv. Add ONE (1) payment card on their Samsung Galaxy Note9.
v. Make ONE (1) payment transaction via Samsung Pay.
vi. Users will receive redemption voucher via Samsung Pay account.
(a) The redemption of the selected items listed below is based on a random computerized calculation system and the decision of Samsung shall be final. No correspondence, queries, appeals or protests will be entertained.
(b) Subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, participants will be eligible to stand a chance to win one (1) Prize (as described below) throughout the Campaign Period:
|Grand Prize||Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro||5|
|2nd Prize||Watson RM30 Online Voucher||195|
|3rd Prize||Lazada Rm10 Online Voucher||100|
|Consolation 1||399 Samsung Rewards Points||200|
|Consolation 2||299 Samsung Rewards Points||500|
|Consolation 3||199 Samsung Rewards Points||500|
(c) There will be five (5) Grand prizes, one hundred ninety-five (195) Second Prizes and one hundred (100) Third Prizes, one thousand two hundred (1200) consolation prizes throughout the Campaign Period, bringing the total of one thousand five hundred (1500) prizes.
(d) Each User is entitled to win one (1) Prize only in the Campaign and Samsung reserve the right to refuse or disqualify or reject users who key in wrong information or other countries addresses.
(e) The expiry date of each item varies, please refer to full Terms & Condition.
(f) The physical prize will be delivered to the winner within 60 working days upon the winner announcement is made or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung. Samsung is entitled to change the specification and colour of the Prizes without prior notice. Winners have no right to request change the specification and colour of the prizes.
(g) For 2nd and 3rd prize will be credited to voucher list in User’s Samsung Pay account.
(h) The Samsung Rewards Points will be credited into the User’s Samsung Rewards account within 21 working days after the promo ended.
(i) The announcement list for Grand Prize winners will be made on Samsung official website, Samsung Pay App and/ or Samsung Mobile Malaysia’s Facebook page.
(j) Delivery will be made within Malaysia only.
(k) Prize(s) may change from time to time or is subject to the availability of stock and Samsung may also in its sole and absolute discretion replace or substitute the prize(s) for another of equivalent or similar value at any time without notice and liability to the Winner(s).
(l) The prize(s) is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash, credit or kind and shall be subject to such terms and conditions of the merchant or as Samsung may in its sole and absolute discretion impose.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE(S) & PRIZE REDEMPTION
1. Samsung reserves the right to appoint a third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider to handle the fulfilment or making available of the Prizes and delivery of the Prize(s) to you. By providing your personal information including name, delivery address, contact numbers, email address and other information to Samsung, Samsung can use and/or disclose to such third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider for the purposes of delivery service.
2. Delivery will be made within Malaysia only, Samsung reserve the right to refuse or disqualify or reject users who key in wrong information or other countries addresses.
3. The Winner is required to ensure that he/she is at the delivery address to accept the delivery. If he/she is not available to receive the delivery, the winner must authorise a representative to accept the delivery and the authorised representative is required to present identification full name and NRIC to the delivery personnel, failing which the delivery
personnel have the right to refuse the delivery and will return the prize to Samsung.
4. Samsung reserves the right to alter, cancel, extend, terminate or suspend the prize or any part thereof or any part of the applicable terms and condition from time to time, with or without any prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the gift, the decision of Samsung shall be final.
5. Samsung reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke if Samsung believes that user’s transactions and/or reward points have been manipulated in any way by machines or computers or through fraudulent or wrongful acts in relations to the Samsung account.
6. Samsung reserves the right to request for a screenshot of the Samsung Pay transaction history page and/or other supporting documentation for verification purposes
7. Physical prizes will be delivered to the winners within 60 working days upon the announcement of the winner or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung.
8. Samsung shall not be responsible or liable for any delays or non-delivery of the Prize. The Prize must be redeemed within two (2) months from notification by Samsung. In the event that any prize is unclaimed within such period, or there is no winner determined in respect of the prize, Samsung shall reserve the right to determine on its own discretion
Other Terms and Conditions
(a) By participating in this Campaign, each individual is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each individual agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by push message via Samsung Pay, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the participants or posting noticed in such manner specified herein. Each individual consents to receiving electronically, all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to the Campaign. Notwithstanding any provisions herein, each individual acknowledges that Samsung has the discretion, but is not obliged, to contact the participants via other reasonable means or mode of communication as they deem fit.
(b) Each individual agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional publicity exercises with respect to this Campaign; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for this Campaign and publicity of this Campaign and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this Campaign. Each individual agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of an/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
i. In connection with this Campaign and/or Samsung products;
ii. For the promotion and publicity of this Campaign and/or Samsung products;
iii. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any parts of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram at Samsung’s sole discretion.
iv. Royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each individual hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
(c) In the event of any dispute arising from this Campaign or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to this Campaign shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
(d) Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Pay and its web services and will not be held responsible for any interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this Campaign.
purposes, including sending electronic messages or making phone calls to the individual(s).
(f) Each individual agrees to indemnify, and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this Campaign.
(g) Samsung reserves the right to use any personal data of individuals in any manner as mentioned above and/or for any purpose they deem fit for the purposes of this Campaign and the individuals are deemed to consent such use with no monetary payment.
(h) The decision of Samsung in relation to every aspect of this Campaign, including but not limited to the individuals shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstances and no appeal or complaint from any individuals will be entertained.
(i) Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, change, terminate, withdraw or suspend the Campaign with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Samsung shall not entitle the individuals to any claim or compensation against Samsung for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
(j) By redeeming the gift, Samsung Pay user agrees to release and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the gift redemption or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the gift or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
(k) In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Individual T&Cs, the parties shall give the provisions their broadest interpretation so as to reconcile the conflict. If such an interpretation is not possible, Samsung, in its sole discretion, shall designate the provision which most closely approximates its intention with respect to the subject matter related to this Campaign and such provision shall govern.
(l) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each individual irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.