Terms & Conditions
Samsung Rewards Scratch and Win Contest
1. Samsung Rewards Scratch and Win (“Contest”) is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. ("Samsung") and is open to contestants who are:
i. Residents of Malaysia and;
ii. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 4th September 2018);
iii. Children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/ Passport (as of 4th September 2018);
i. And use Samsung Pay via eligible contestant’s Samsung Galaxy smartphone devices except for Galaxy Gear wearables.
The list of Devices and Qualifying Card can be found https://www.samsung.com/my/samsung-pay/
The contest will be counted based on one (1) specific Samsung Account regardless of whether the Contestant is using a specific Galaxy smartphone device except for Galaxy Gear wearables. For the avoidance of doubt, the redemption and/or deduction of Samsung Rewards Points will be based on
2. The Contest is open to all new and existing Samsung Pay users with enough Rewards points. Samsung Pay Users must update their Samsung Pay to the latest version in order to enjoy the Rewards features.
3. The Contest period (“Contest Period”) will commence on 4th September 2018, 12:00 pm (“Contest Start Date”) and close on 30th September 2018, 23:59 pm, Malaysia Time (“Contest End Date”). Samsung reserves the right to amend or extend the duration of this contest at any time as it deems fit without any prior notice.
4. The following person is NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
(a) permanent and/or contract employees of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters);
(b) representatives and/or agents (including advertising and campaign events, third-party vendors, dealers, business partners, service providers) of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies or group of companies) and their permanent and/or contract staffs or employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters); and/or
(c) any person who has committed or suspected to have committed any fraudulent or wrongful acts or irregular transaction(s) in relation to his/ her Samsung Account or any services provided by Samsung or any facility of service granted by the issuer bank.
5. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
6. To participate in the Contest, the Contestant is required to register a Samsung Account and ensure that there are enough Samsung Rewards Points.
7. To participate in the Contest, each contestant is required to:
i. Activate Samsung Pay App and register with Samsung Account.
ii. Open Samsung Pay App or Click Push Notification.
iii. Click Promotion Panel or Event Tab to join the promotion.
iv. Click “Join Now” button to under promo detail page.
v. Click “Agree” on promotion T&C.
vi. Key in delivery information and press
vii. Press "Start" to proceed to scratch the cover.
viii. 20 points will be deducted from Samsung Rewards to stand a chance to win a prize.
Note: 20 Points will be deducted when participants press “Start” Button.
8. The contestant can participate multiple times to scratch the scratch cover during the Contest Period.
9. Once the Contestant has placed a redemption of 20 points in the Contest and it is accepted by Samsung, his/her redemption request cannot be revoked, cancelled or be exchanged. Once you have redeemed your Rewards Points, they will be considered extinguish and strictly cannot be reinstated.
10. Subject to the Terms and Conditions set out herein, Contestant will be eligible to stand a chance to win one (1) Prize (as described below) throughout the Contest Period:
|Grand Prize||Samsung Galaxy Note8 & Gear Sports Set||8|
|2nd Prize||500 Samsung Rewards Points||1,000|
|3rd Prize||50 Samsung Rewards Points||20,000|
11. There will be eight (8) Grand prizes, one thousand (1,000) Second Prizes and twenty thousand (20,000) Third Prizes throughout the Contest Period, bringing the total of twenty-one thousand and eight (21,008) Prizes.
12. Each Contestant is entitled to win one (1) Grand Prize only in the Contest.
13. The physical prize will be delivered to the winner within thirty (30) working days upon the winner announcement is made or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung. Samsung is entitled to change the specification and colour of the Prizes without prior notice.
14. For 2nd and 3rd Prize, Samsung Rewards points will be credited to winner(s) Samsung Account on the same day.
15. Grand Prize winners’ announcement list will be made on the Samsung official website, Samsung Pay App and/ or Samsung Mobile Malaysia’s Facebook page.
16. Delivery will be made within Malaysia only.
17. Prize(s) may change from time to time or is subject to the availability of stock and Samsung may also in its sole and absolute discretion replace or substitute the prize(s) for another of equivalent or similar value at any time without notice and liability to the Winner(s).
18. The prize(s) is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash, credit or kind and shall be subject to such terms and conditions of the merchant or as Samsung may in its sole and absolute discretion impose.
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
19. The selection of the winner and each scratch result is based on randomized computerized calculation, no correspondence, queries, appeals or protests will be entertained.
20. On each Scratch of 20 points, Grand Prize random unique code with Ten (10) digits will be distributed in the form of the voucher (Unique Code: for e.g. AA123BG458).
21. At the end of the Contest Period, Samsung will sort all the Contestant with Grand Prize unique codes in ascending order based on unique code distributed for the respective Prizes. Samsung will shortlist twenty (20) contestant as the finalist (“shortlisted Contestant”) for the respective Prizes. The shortlisted Contestant has to provide a screenshot of the following for verification purpose:
a. Unique Code.
b. Samsung Pay transaction history page.
c. Other supporting documents to be determined by Samsung from time to time.
- Samsung and/or the authorised representative of Samsung will then contact via telephone to the shortlisted Contestant mobile number provided in the Samsung Account at any time to answer one (1) question.
- The shortlisted Contestant who answers the question correctly within 60 seconds in the fastest manner will be deemed as the winner.
- If the shortlisted Contestant is not able to answer the question correctly will be disqualified, the next eligible shortlisted Contestant in sequence will be shortlisted and contacted to answer the question.
- If the shortlisted Contestant is not contactable by telephone on the first attempt for the reasons including but not limited to the following circumstances:-
a. No reply;
b. Not interested to participate;
c. Ended the call during the conversation;
e. No connection;
f. Voice mailbox reached
Another two (2)attempt shall be made within the next two (2) hours of the third attempt to contact the shortlisted Participant. Where the third attempt is also unsuccessful for whatsoever reason, Samsung reserves the right to disqualify the shortlisted Contestant and proceed to contact the next shortlisted Participant. Samsung shall not be held liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event any shortlisted Contestant cannot be contacted for whatsoever reasons.
23. For the avoidance of any doubt, Samsung shall not be liable for any telecommunication charges, roaming or phone charges which are to be borne by the shortlisted Contestant whether within or outside Malaysia.
24. Samsung has the sole discretion to determine the appointed date and time to contact the shortlisted Contestant and the shortlisted Contestant is required to provide their personal information for verification purpose :
a. Full name as per NRIC
25. If the shortlisted Contestant is unable to answer all the questions or where the answer is given is incorrect, the shortlisted Contestant will be regarded as unsuccessful to win the Grand Prize.
26. In the
27. All questions and answer session will be judged and decided by a panel of judges selected by Samsung and the decision of the panel of judges shall be final and binding.
28. It shall be the shortlisted Contestant responsibility to ensure the provided mobile numbers are current and update. Samsung shall not be responsible to the shortlisted Contestant for any loss (including loss of opportunity) suffered in the event the shortlisted Contestant mobile number in the record is not current or incorrect.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE(S) & PRIZE REDEMPTION
29. Samsung reserves the right to appoint a third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider to handle the fulfilment or making available of the Prizes and delivery of the Prize(s) to you. By providing your personal information including name, delivery address, contact numbers, email address and other information to Samsung, Samsung can use and/or disclose to such third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider for the purposes of delivery service.
30. Delivery will be made within Malaysia only, Samsung reserve the right to refuse or disqualify or reject users who key in wrong information or other countries addresses.
31. The Winner is required to ensure that he/she is at the delivery address to accept the delivery. If he/she is not available to receive the delivery, the winner must
32. Grand Prizes will be delivered to the winners within 30 working days upon the announcement of the winner or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung.
33. Samsung shall not be responsible or liable for any delays or
34. The Prize must be redeemed within two (2) months from notification by Samsung. In the event that any prize is unclaimed within such period, or there is no winner determined in respect of the prize, Samsung shall reserve the right to determine on its own discretion.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
35. The terms and conditions herein shall be read together with the terms and conditions governing Samsung Pay and Samsung Rewards.
36. By participating in the Contest, Contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
37. Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice. For avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination, withdrawal, extension or early completion of this Contest will not entitle the Contestant to any compensation against Samsung for all loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred by the Contestant as a result of the act of cancellation, termination, withdrawal, extension or early completion. Samsung reserves the right to alter, cancel, extend, terminate or suspend the prize or any part thereof or any part of the applicable terms and condition from time to time, with or without any prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the gift, the decision of Samsung shall be final.
38. Samsung reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke if Samsung believes that user’s transactions and/or reward points
39. Samsung reserves the right to request for a screenshot of the Samsung Pay transaction history page and/or other supporting documentation for verification purposes.
40. By participating in the Contest, Contestant agrees to release and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the gift redemption or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the gift or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
42. If a Prize is to be awarded to a Contestant who:
i. Is not eligible to participate in the Contest and/or receive the Prize; and/
Samsung reserves the right to disqualify such Contestant from Contest and/or receiving the Prize.
43. Samsung will not be held responsible for lost deliveries which result from an incorrect delivery address, as entered by you, on submitting your delivery information request. Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the Order has been dispatched.
44. By participating in the Contest, each contestant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each contestant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by push message via Samsung Pay, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the contestant or posting notices in such other manner specified herein. Each contestant consents to
45. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other
i. In connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
ii. For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
iii. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram;
iv. At Samsung's sole direction; and
v. Royalty-free and without any obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
46. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any contestant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that
47. Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prize to other prizes (s) of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
48. In the event of any dispute arising from the Contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
49. If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung's control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
i. To disqualify any contestant;
50. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Pay application or its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Contest.
51. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any Prize will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
i. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung's control);
ii. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
iii. Any Transaction, claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
iv. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
v. Any tax liability incurred by a contestant;
53. Employees and agents of Samsung, their respective families, households or anyone professionally connected with this Contest (in Samsung's opinion), are not eligible to enter this Contest.
54. Each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with the Contest.
55. Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in the Contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
56. Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest.
57. Third Party Services. Samsung Pay may include links or access to third-party services. Such access will not be construed as an endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation. Samsung exercises no control whatsoever over such other third party services and is not responsible or liable for the availability, functioning, or quality thereof or the content, advertising, products or other materials thereon. Samsung will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss (including data loss) incurred or suffered by you in connection therewith. Your access and use of third-party services, including information, material, products and offers therein, is solely at your own risk. Use of
58. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.