Terms & Conditions
Samsung Pay Add & Win Contest – Starbucks
1. Samsung Pay Add & Win Contest (“Contest”) is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. ("Samsung") and is open to contestants who are:
i. Residents of Malaysia and;
ii. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 9th July 2018);
iii. Children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/ Passport (as of 9th July 2018);
iv. And use Samsung Pay via eligible contestant’s Samsung device.
The new payment card enrollment will be counted based on a specific Samsung device. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Contestant uses Samsung Pay on more than one Samsung device, then the new payment card enrollment on each Samsung device will be counted separately and not combined.
2. By participating in this Contest, each contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age (as of 9th July 2018), such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall be irrevocably bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
3. To participate in the Contest, each contestant must:
i. Activate Samsung Pay App and register with Samsung Account.
ii. Open Samsung Pay App or Click Push Notification.
iii. Click Promotion Panel or Event Tab to join the promotion.
iv. Event detail page comes up and clicks event participation button.
v. Click “Agree” on promotion Terms and Conditions.
vi. Page on the user’s status page comes up.
vii. Add one (1) new payment card.
viii. Open Promotion Panel to check contestant status.
ix. Visit any Starbucks outlet, show the e-voucher code in vouchers page to the cashier and claim your gift.
4. The Contest period (“Contest Period”) will commence on 9th July 2018, 12:00 pm (“Contest Start Date”) and close on 31st August 2018, 23:59 pm, Malaysia Time (“Contest End Date”). For the avoidance of doubt, new payment card enrollment and transactions will qualify for the Contest if they are made between:
i. Contest Start Date or the date of Enrollment (whichever occurs later); and
ii. Contest End Date.
iii. While stocks last.
5. The winners who successfully complete the Samsung Pay Add & Win Contest by adding one (1) new payment card (as defined in Clause 6 below) within the Contest period are entitled to receive a free voucher of a Starbucks Grande Sized Handcrafted Beverage, beverage redemption is subject to stock availability on a daily basis during the Samsung Pay Add & Win Contest Period and at Samsung’s sole discretion. The winners will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
6. New payment card enrolled must be an entirely new card that has never been added to Samsung Pay application by the Contestant and such new card has only been added for the first time by the Contestant during the Contest Period. Only new payment card enrollment is entitled to receive the free e-voucher.
7. Contestants are required to present the e-voucher and allow the staff to click on the REDEEM/ DELETE button on your device at the Starbucks outlet located to redeem their gifts upon. The redemption period starts on 9th July 2018 to 31st August 2018.
8. Original e-voucher must be presented upon redemption, duplicate copies or screenshots will not be accepted.
9. The redemption is valid at all Starbucks outlets in Malaysia except Genting Highlands, Sunway Lagoon Kiosk and Starbucks On The Go.
10. The winner is entitled to one (1) Starbucks Grande Sized Handcrafted Beverage of any flavor and the voucher is not valid with any other promotions or discount. Voucher is not refundable, exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations. Images shown are for illustration purpose only.
11. Samsung will not be held responsible for lost of
12. By participating in the Contest, each contestant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each contestant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by push message via Samsung Pay, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the contestant or posting notices in such other manner specified herein. Each contestant consents to receive electronically all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to the Contest. Notwithstanding any provisions herein, each contestant acknowledges that Samsung has the discretion, but not oblige, to contact the contestant via other reasonable means or mode of communication as it deems fit.
13. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products; and grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/ video recordings taken in respect of the Contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
i. In connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
ii. For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
iii. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram;
iv. At Samsung's sole direction; and
v. Royalty-free and without any obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
14. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any contestant suspected of fraud/ any irregular transaction, or if Samsung believes that contestant’s entry and/or results has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers.
15. Samsung reserves the right to request for a screenshot of the Samsung Pay transaction history page and/or any other supporting documentation for verification purposes.
16. Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prize to other prizes (s) of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
17. In the event of any dispute arising from the Contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
18. If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung's control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
i. To disqualify any contestant; or
ii. To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate.
19. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Pay application or its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Contest.
20. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
i. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung's control);
ii. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
iii. Any Transaction, claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
iv. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
v. Any tax liability incurred by a contestant; or
vi. Use of the prize(s).
22. Employees and agents of Samsung, their respective families, households or anyone professionally connected with this Contest (in Samsung's opinion), are not eligible to enter this Contest.
23. Each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with the Contest.
24. Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in the Contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
25. Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.