Samsung Pay Referral Campaign Full Terms &Conditions:
1. Samsung Pay Referral Campaign (“Campaign”) is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. ("Samsung") and is open to participants who are (“Participant”) :
(a) Residents of Malaysia and;
i. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 20 June 2019); or
ii. Children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/ Passport (as of 20 June 2019);
(b) And use Samsung Pay via eligible participant’s Samsung device, except Gear wearable devices.
The list of Device and Qualifying Card can be found at www.samsung.com/my/samsung-pay
(c) all new and existing Samsung Pay users with legitimate Samsung Pay account
2. The following person are NOT eligible to participate in the Campaign:
(a) permanent and/or contract employees of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters);
(b) representatives and/or agents (including advertising and campaign events, third party vendors, dealers, business partners, service providers) of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies or group of companies) and their permanent and/or contract staffs or employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters); and/or
(c) any person who has committed or suspected to have committed any fraudulent or wrongful acts or irregular transaction(s) in relation to his/ her Samsung Account or any services provided by Samsung or any facility of service granted by the issuer bank.
3. By participating in this Campaign, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age (as of 20 June 2019), such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall be irrevocably bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions.
4. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign at any time, without prior notice.
5. Referral campaign will run from 20 June 2019 and ends on 20 July 2019, 23:59pm (“Campaign Period”),on first come first served basis during this Campaign Period
6. To participate in the Campaign, the Participant is required to register Samsung Pay Account..
I. Click in and join Sharing is Caring Referral campaign
II. Click “Share code” on promotion page
III. Accept and agree the terms and conditions
IV. Copy code and share to friends through different social media platforms
V. E-Vouchers will be issued automatically to your account after friends have signed up successfully in Samsung Pay
VI. One user will be entitled to one (1) E-Voucher for each successful sign up from a friend and a maximum of five (5) E-Vouchers in this campaign
I. Sign up in Samsung Pay within campaign period
II. Click in and join Sharing is Caring Referral campaign
III. Click “Input Code” on promotion page
IV. Accept the terms and conditions.
V. Paste the Code you received from friends into the blank column and click “Confirm”
VI. An E-Voucher will be issued automatically to your account if you are verified as a new user of Samsung Pay.
7. One user who shares referral code will be entitled a maximum of five (5) E-vouchers in this campaign, whereas his/her referral code can be redeemed more than five (5) times, example User successfully refers ten (10) new users to Samsung Pay, User will get five (5) e-vouchers and ten (10) of the new users will get one (1) e-voucher each.
8. Each Participant will get a random unique code with of 6 digits with combination of alphabetical letters and numerics for them to copy and share to new users.
9. Subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, New Users who sign up in Samsung Pay within the Campaign Period will be entitled to one (1) GSC movie ticket E-voucher after inserting the Code in the designated blank column.
10. New Users who are not eligible to use code will be notified through Samsung Pay upon participation.
11. Participants who have successful referrals will be issued one (1) to maximum five (5) GSC movie ticket E-vouchers, subject to the numbers of referral, automatically into Samsung Pay account.
12. E-Vouchers are given out on an ”As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
13. Picture(s) of the E-Voucher(s) shown in any advertisement, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Campaign is / are solely for illustration purposes only and may not depict the actual colour, model or specification of the E-vouchers / Prize(s) and does not include any optional accessories. Samsung is entitled to change the specification and color of the Prizes without prior notice.
GSC MOVIE TICKET E-VOUCHER ISSUE AND REDEMPTION
14. E-voucher redemption period is valid from 20 June 2019 to 4 August 2019, based on while stocks last basis.
15. E-voucher expires on 4 August 2019 and is invalid after the expiry date.
16. Only redeemable via e-Payment Ticketing and GSC Mobile App (iOS & Android). NOT valid for redemption via Cinema Counter.
17. These e-vouchers are valid for the following film format: Normal & 2D.
18. These e-vouchers are valid for the following movie class: Normal Class.
19. These e-vouchers are valid for the following seats: Normal.
20. ONE (1) e-Voucher code is valid for ONE (1) movie ticket in ANY Golden Screen Cinemas nationwide, EXCEPT GSC Signature (KL), Premiere Class, Gold Class, Twin Seats, Dolby Atmos, D-Box, 4DX, Maxx Hall, Onyx Hall and PlayPlus Hall. E-voucher is only redeemable via GSC e-Payment Ticketing and GSC Mobile App.
21. No popcorn combo can be added when E-voucher is selected.
22. The expiry date for these e-Vouchers will not be extended.
23. E-voucher is not exchangeable for cash or in kind and cannot be upgraded.
24. E-voucher is subject to the terms and conditions set by the GSC.
25. Golden Screen Cinemas Sdn Bhd (“GSC”) and Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (“SME”) shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) and/or for personal injury when is suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting or using of the E-voucher.
26. By redeeming the E-voucher, Samsung Pay user agrees to release and hold SME and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the e-voucher redemption or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the e-voucher or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
27. SME reserves the right to alter, cancel, extend, terminate or suspend the E-voucher or any part thereof or any part of the applicable terms and condition from time to time, with or without any prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the E-voucher, the decision of SME shall be final.
28. If an E-voucher is to be awarded to a Participant who:
(a) Is not eligible to participate in the Campaign and/or receive the E-voucher; and/or
(b) Has committed or is suspected of committing any misconduct, fraudulent, wrongful or irregular acts/ transaction in relation to his/her use of any Samsung services or facilities.
29. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify such Participant from Campaign and/or receiving the E-voucher.
30. SME will not assume any responsibility or liability for the E -voucher and SME expressly excludes and disclaims any representations, warranties or endorsement, implied or express, written or oral, of the E-voucher offered under this reward, including but not limited to any warranty of quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, health and safety. The E-voucher is offered solely by the merchant under such terms and conditions as may be determined by the merchant.
31. Samsung will not reimburse, compensate or otherwise be held responsible for any lost, stolen or deleted E-voucher.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
33. The terms and conditions herein shall be read together with the terms and conditions governing Samsung Pay and Samsung Rewards.
34. By participating in the Campaign, Participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
35. Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Campaign Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice. For avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination, withdrawal, extension or early completion of this Campaign will not entitle the Participant to any compensation against Samsung for all loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred by the Participant as a result of the act of cancellation, termination, withdrawal, extension or early completion.
36. Samsung reserves the right to alter, cancel, extend, terminate or suspend the Campaign or any part thereof or any part of the applicable terms and condition from time to time, with or without any prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the gift, the decision of Samsung shall be final.
37. If this Campaign is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung's control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) To disqualify any participant; or
(b) To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Campaign, as appropriate.
38. Samsung reserves the right to request for a screenshot of the Samsung Pay registration page and/or other supporting documentation for verification purposes.
39. Participant is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Participant’s Samsung Pay Account and password and for restricting access to Participant’s Device and activity on Participant’s Samsung Pay Account. The Participant agrees to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under Participant’s Samsung Pay Account. Without limiting any other remedies, Samsung may suspend or terminate Participant’s Samsung Pay Account if Samsung suspects that the Participant has engaged in fraudulent activity and/or any irregular transaction in connection with the Contest. Any failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions, any conduct detrimental to Samsung, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with the Campaign may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Samsung in law or equity, in the termination of participation in the Campaign, as well as forfeiture of Points accrued to date, all as determined by Samsung in its sole discretion.
40. Each Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Campaign; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Campaign and/or Samsung products; and grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/ video recordings taken in respect of the Campaign. Each Participant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display , edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
(a) In connection with this Participant and/or Samsung products;
(b) For the promotion and publicity of this Campaign and/or Samsung products;
(c) In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram;
(d) At Samsung's sole direction; and
(e) Royalty-free and without any obligation of attribution or consent. Each Participant hereby irrevocably grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
41. In the event of any dispute arising from the Campaign or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to the Campaign shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
42. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Pay application or its web services and shall not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Campaign.
43. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Campaign, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung's control);
(b) Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
(c) Any transaction or E-Voucher(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
(d) Any variation to the E-Voucher(s) or prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
(e) Any tax liability incurred by a contestant; or
(f) Use of the E-Voucher (s) or prize(s).
45. By participating in the Campaign, Participant agrees to release and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the E-voucher or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the E-Voucher or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
46. Each participant also agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with the Campaign.
47. Each participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to the Campaign.
48. Third Party Services. Samsung Pay may include links or access to third party services. Such access will not be construed as an endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation. Samsung exercises no control whatsoever over such other third party services, and is not responsible or liable for the availability, functioning, or quality thereof or the content, advertising, products or other materials thereon. Samsung will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss (including data loss) incurred or suffered by you in connection therewith. Your access and use of third party services, including information, material, products and offers therein, is solely at your own risk. Use of third party services may require your agreement to separate written terms and conditions.
49. These Terms and Conditions herein shall be governed by laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the terms and conditions and this E-voucher shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.