1. This contest is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”) and is open to contestants who:
a. are Residents of Malaysia and:
i. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 5th October 2018); or
ii. Children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 5th October 2018)
2. By participating in this contest, each contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By entering this contest, each contestant is required to tick the Consent Form in our designated registration page as an agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age (as of 5th October 2018), such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall irrevocably be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
3. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. CONTEST MECHANISM FOR SELFIE MUSEUM :
· To participate in this contest, each contestant must:
o Visit Studio
o Take a ‘selfie’ or a ‘wefie’ using the provided Note 9 and it’s provided S Pen stylus.
o Share the image on Instagram and Facebook using #GalaxyNote9 #blueandyellow #Studio9MY and tag @SamsungMalaysia.
· A total of five (35) winners will be selected for the post based on the highest likes, on Instagram every week. Each winner will receive two tickets to enter the Selfie Museum inside Fahrenheit88, Kuala Lumpur.
· The best post will be decided solely by Samsung.
· Weekly winners will be announced in Samsung social post.
· Winners will be contacted via phone/email / Social Media DM / In-Person by its authorised agent of Samsung.
· Participants entering the contest must ensure that their posts and profile on Instagram must be made public for the duration of the contest.
- CONTEST PERIOD:
5. This contest will commence on 5th October 2018, 10 am (“Contest Start Date”) and close on 31st October 2018, 23.59pm (“Contest End Date”), Malaysia Time (“Contest Period”).
6. Samsung reserves the right to amend or extend the duration of this contest at any time as it deems fit without any prior notice.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
7. The winners of this contest will be informed via an e-mail by Samsung. Winners must provide Samsung with their information within the next  days after the e-mail from Samsung is sent. Winners who fail to do so may, at Samsung’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the contest.
8. By participating in this contest, each contestant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each contestant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by push message via Samsung Members, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the contestant or posting notices in such manner specified herein. Each contestant consents to receive electronically, all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to the contest. Notwithstanding any provisions herein, each contestant acknowledges that Samsung
9. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personally identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram;
at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
10. Contestants will only be confirmed as winners after the verification of the validity of each participant. Samsung reserves the right to check the validity of any participation. Entries failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions herein will not be accepted. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any contestant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that the contestant’s entry and/or results has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers.
11. Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prizes to other prizes of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
12. In the event of any dispute arising from this contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to this contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
13. If this contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung’s control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a. To disqualify any contestant; or
b. To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this contest, as appropriate.
14. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Members application or its web services and will not be held responsible for any interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this contest.
15. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred
to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by the law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this contest, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung’s control);
b. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
d. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
e. Any tax liability incurred by a contestant; or
f. Use of the prize(s).
17. Employees and agents of Samsung, their respective families, households or anyone professionally connected with this contest (in Samsung’s opinion), are not eligible to enter this contest.
18. Each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this contest.
19. Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in this contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
20. Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this contest.
21. Samsung reserves the right to use any personal data of contestants in any manner as mentioned above and/or for any purpose they deem fit for the purposes of this contest and the contestants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
22. The decision of Samsung in relation to every aspect of this contest, including but not limited to the contestants shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstances and no appeal or complaint from any contestants will be entertained.
23. Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the contest/campaign with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.