Smashing Great Deals
The Samsung Smashing Great Deals 2016 Promotion
The Samsung Smashing Great Deals 2016 Promotion (“Promotion”) offers customers selected Samsung Electrical Products at promotion price and/or Free Gift or PWP (purchase with purchase) from 1st August 2016 to 30th September 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (“Samsung”) shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Promotion Period at its sole discretion without prior notice.
This Contest is available at participating Samsung authorized dealers only (“Authorized Dealers”) as listed in www.samsung.com/my/storelocator/
1. The Promotion is valid for the following Samsung Consumer Electronic Products
(“Products”) only and are limited while stocks last:
This Promotion including the Free Gift and/or the PWP is only valid and applicable within Promotion Period or while stocks last, whichever is earlier. Samsung shall not be liable for any damages or claims howsoever incurred due to stock unavailability in any of the participating Authorized Dealers.
For the avoidance of doubt, Samsung is only a coordinator between the customers and the participating Authorized Dealers. Samsung shall not be liable for any disputes, damages, claims or costs arising out of or in connection to the transaction between the customer and the participating Authorized Dealers pursuant to the Promotion.
During the Promotion Period, customer who spent RM300 and abovementioned Products in a single receipt is entitled to participate in The Samsung Smashing Great Deals 2016 SMS Contest (“Contest”) to win a badminton racquet signed by Dato Lee Chong Wei, subject to Terms and Conditions as follows:
The Samsung Smashing Great Deals 2016 SMS Contest
- The Samsung Smashing Great Deals 2016 SMS Contest (“Contest”) will run from 1st August 2016 [12.00am] to 30th September 2016 [11.59pm] (“Contest Period”). Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten, extend or cancel the Contest Period at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- This Contest is open to all Malaysians that have registered prepaid or postpaid account with any Telecommunication service provider in Malaysia.
- Participating customers (“Participants”) must be 18 years of age and above as of 1st August 2016. If Participant is below 18 years of age, please ensure the parent / legal guardian reads and agrees to the Terms and Conditions of this Contest herein on behalf of Participant. It shall be deemed that the Participant’s parent / legal guardian has agreed to the Terms and Conditions of this Contest upon the Participant’s participation in this Contest.
- Every RM 300 spend on the selected Samsung products in a single receipt will entitle for one (1) valid entry via SMS submission, the higher amount spend will entitle participant for more entries
- Each customer is eligible to win the prize only ONCE for the entire Contest Period.
- Only purchases of selected Samsung products at the participating Samsung authorized retail outlets listed herein made during Contest Period of 1st August 2016 to 30th September 2016 only is eligible to participate in this Contest.
How To Participate
- Purchase selected Samsung products worth RM300 in a single receipt from the participating Authorized Dealer during the Contest Period and stand a chance to win racquets signed by Dato Lee Chong Wei. Participants need to keep and retain the original purchase receipt as proof of purchase and prize verification.
- Send an SMS to 66688 as follows during Contest Period:
Type SAMSUNG DEALS<space>Receipt Amount RM00.00<space>Receipt Date DDMMYY<space>Serial No. of SAMSUNG Product (14 or 15 characters serial number behind product)<space>NRIC<space>(Full name as per IC)
SAMSUNG DEALS RM1375.90 130516 OBP43MH6400185 850505112345 Joanne Tan
b. Participant will be charged at standard Telecommunication service provider charges at each of the SMS sent.
- Samsung reserves the right to reject any SMS submission at its sole discretion without having to assign any reason whatsoever, such rejected SMS submission will be deemed as void/invalid.
- All valid SMS submissions must be received by Samsung no later than 30th September 2016 [11.59pm]. Invalid SMS submissions received after 30th September 2016 [11.59pm] will be rejected.
- Winners will be announced after the Contest Period at Samsung official website www.samsung.com/my/offer/
- There will be 100 winners for this contest and the prize items are racquets signed by Dato Lee Chong Wei. Each winner will receive only one (1) signed racquet (“Prize”).]
- Participants who are shortlisted to win (those who have submitted valid SMS submissions and are selected as per the selection formula stated herein) will be contacted via telephone. Should the first attempt to call the Participant fail, i.e. no reply, telephone number not in service or no connection, etc, another two (2) attempts will be made within the next 48 hours. Samsung will not be held liable in the event the eligible Participant cannot be contacted for whatever reasons and will proceed to contact the next eligible winners.
- In the event eligible Participants who are unreachable after call attempts by or on behalf of Samsung, return call within 48 hours from first call attempt, the eligible Participant shall be deemed as shortlisted Participant.
- The shortlisted Participant will receive a notification phone call to inform about the requirements of proof of purchase for verification purpose.
- The shortlisted Participant will receive a notification phone call and will be required to submit via email a copy of their identity card (IC) or passport, receipt as proof of purchase and prize acknowledgement letter fulfilled and completed with winners’ signature. Proof of purchase submitted by Participant is subject to Samsung’s final verification. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify, cancel or withdraw any SMS submission/Contest participation where there are inconsistencies between the details submitted via SMS and/or during verification process and/or Samsung has reasonable suspicion that there is irregularity, unlawful conducts/behaviours, noncompliance with the terms and conditions or the relevant applicable laws by the Participant.
- Only upon successful verification of identification and proof of purchase, the shortlisted Participant with complete supporting documents shall be confirmed by the Organizer as the winner and prize item shall be couriered to the winner by Samsung’s appointed courier company.
- Prize will be forfeited by Samsung in the event that two prize delivery attempts to winners’ address made by the appointed courier company are unsuccessful.
- Samsung reserves the right to substitute the prize item with another of similar value without prior notice. All prize items are not transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash.
Selection of Winners
- Every RM300 spent entitles the participant to one (1) entry. The higher amount spent on Samsung electronic products allows participant to get more entries.
Participant A spent RM699 on a single receipt is entitled for two (2) entries.
Participant B spent RM1890 on a single receipt is entitled for six (6) entries.
- At the end of the Contest Period, the total number of qualified entries will be divided by 100. For example, if there are 2,151 qualified entries, then the winning entry will be 2,151/100 = 21.5 (rounded to the lower whole number). Qualified entries of 21st, 42nd, 63rd and so forth are the shortlisted Participant.
- In the case if there are duplicated SMS submission from same Participant with same purchase receipt, the Organizer will only accept the first SMS as valid submission, the subsequent SMS submission will be void and cancelled.
Liability and Responsibility
- Participants shall assume full responsibility in case of any accident, damage or claim resulting from participation of this Contest and/or usage of their prize items.
- All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or related expenses that are incurred to redeem the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Participants.
- By participating in the Contest, each Participant agrees to release and hold the Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Rights of the Samsung
- Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to the Samsung and its agencies to use the Purchasers’ names and/or photographs for purposes of publicity, advertising and/or trade without further compensation or notice to the extent permitted by law.
- The Samsung and the companies involved in this Contest shall not be held liable in any way for delays, non-deliveries and/or interruptions of SMS messages sent and these companies shall not be held responsible for any unauthorised use of the mobile phone or subscriber’s account in conjunction with this Contest.
- In case of any dispute, the Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision. In the event of inconsistencies between the Terms and Conditions herein with any other marketing materials in relation to this Contest, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail. The Samsung‘s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
Terms of Participation
- Participants agree to grant the Samsung and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies the use of his/her name, details submitted through the SMS, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- The Terms and Conditions herein shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and any disputes arising thereof shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.