Terms & Conditions
HOW TO PARTICIPATE :
1. Select and redeem an 'On-The-Spot Coupon'.
2. Take a photo of yourself enjoying the coupon.
3. Upload the photo onto the Samsung Members contest card.
4. Wait for the announcement of Winners !
TERMS AND CONDITIONS :
1. This contest will commence on 3rd April 2018 (“Contest Start Date”) and close on 29th April 2018 (“Contest End Date”).
2. Samsung reserves the right to amend or extend the duration of this contest at any time as they deem fit without any prior notice.
3. This contest is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”) and is open to contestants:
a. Who are residents of Malaysia and:
i. Aged 18 years old and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 3rd April 2018)
ii. Children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 3rd April 2018)
b. Use Samsung Members via eligible Samsung Galaxy smartphone device.
4. By participating in this contest, each contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age (as of 3rd April 2018), such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall irrevocably be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, submission of the Contest Card will qualify if it is submitted during the Contest Period stated below.
6. Only ONE (1) submission per Samsung Members account is allowed. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify submissions from accounts with more than one submission.
7. 22 contestants will be selected as winners to be entitled to TWO (2) entries to Dinner in the Sky, subject to the terms stated herein. The shortlisted contestants will receive a “Winning Announcement” notification and are required to key in all the required delivery information (including address, mobile number, etc.).
8. The winners will be selected based on the creativity of the photo submission. Results of the winners is subjected to Samsung’s sole discretion.
9. The winners of this contest will be informed via an e-mail by Samsung. Winners must provide Samsung with their information within the next THREE (3) days after the e-mail from Samsung is sent. Winners who fail to do so may, at Samsung’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the contest.
10. Prizes will be delivered to the winners within 60 working days from the end of the Contest Period or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung.
11. The prizes (i.e. TWO (2) entries to Dinner in the Sky) are subject to the Terms and Conditions set out by the merchant, Dinner in the Sky, which includes the following:-
- The guest of Dinner in the Sky has to be at least 13 years old with a minimum height of 145cm and a maximum weight of 150kg. If the guest is under the age of 18, the presence and signature of a parent/guardian that is at least 18 years old and above will be required for the indemnity form.
- Guests must be in good health and free form, but not limited to heart conditions, back problems, neck problems, broken bones, recent surgery and high blood pressure.
- Pregnant women are also not allowed to experience Dinner in the Sky.Full terms and conditions are available at https://www.dinnerinthesky.my/?p=terms
12. Samsung will not be held responsible for lost deliveries resulting from wrong information entered by winners. Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the prizes have been dispatched.
13. By participating in this contest, each contestant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each contestant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by push message via Samsung Members, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the contestant or posting notices in such manner specified herein. Each contestant consents to receiving electronically, all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to the contest. Notwithstanding any provisions herein, each contestant acknowledges that Samsung have the discretion, but is not obliged, to contact the contestant via other reasonable means or mode of communication as they deem fit.
14. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram; at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
15. Contestants will only be confirmed as winners after the verification of validity of each participation. Samsung reserves the right to check the validity of any participation. Entries failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions herein will not be accepted. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any contestant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that the contestant’s entry and/or results has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers.
16. Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prizes to other prizes of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
17. In the event of any dispute arising from this contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to this contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
18. If this contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung’s control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:a. To disqualify any contestant; orb. To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this contest, as appropriate.
19. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Members application or its web services and will not be held responsible for any interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this contest.
20. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by the law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this contest, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung’s control);
b. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
d. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
e. Any tax liability incurred by a contestant. Use or claim of the prize(s).
22. Employees and agents of Samsung, their respective families, households or anyone professionally connected with this contest (in Samsung’s opinion), are not eligible to enter this contest.
23. Each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this contest.
24. Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in this contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
25. Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this contest.
26. Samsung reserves the right to use any personal data of contestants in any manner as mentioned above and/or for any purpose they deem fit for the purposes of this contest and the contestants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
27. The decision of Samsung in relation to every aspect of this contest, including but not limited to the contestants shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstances and no appeal or complaint from any contestants will be entertained.
28. Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the campaign with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Samsung shall not entitle the contestants to any claim or compensation against Samsung for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
29. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.