Terms & Conditions
1. Samsung Entry Contest (“Contest”) is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd.("Samsung") and is open to contestants who are (“Contestant”) :
a. Residents of Malaysia and;
i. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 24 May 2018);
b. And use Samsung Pay via eligible contestant’s Samsung device. The list of Device and Qualifying Card can be found at www.samsung.com/my/samsungpay/
2. The Contest is open to all new and existing Samsung Pay users with enough Reward points. Samsung Pay Users must update their Samsung Pay to the latest version in order to enjoy the Rewards features.
3. The following person is NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
(a) permanent and/or contract employees of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers, and sisters);
(b) representatives and/or agents (including advertising and campaign events, third-party vendors, dealers, business partners, service providers) of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies or group of companies) and their permanent and/or contract staffs or employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters); and/or
(c) any person who has committed or suspected to have committed any fraudulent or wrongful acts or irregular transaction(s) in relation to his/ her Samsung Account or any services provided by Samsung or any facility of service granted by the issuer bank.
4. By participating in this Contest, each Contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age (as of 23 May 2018), such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall be irrevocably bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions.
5. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
1. Entry Contest will run from 24 May 2018 and ends on 30 June 2018, 23:59 pm (“Contest Period”).
1. To participate in the Contest, the Contestant is required to register Samsung Account and ensure that there are enough Samsung Rewards Points.
2. Below are the steps to redeem the unique code:
i. Make sure you have at least 100 Rewards points.
ii. Click on ‘Get Entry’ button.
iii. Accept the Terms and Conditions.
iv. Key in the required details to submit your entry.
v. Select ‘Get More Entries’ to submit another entry.
3. One (1) qualified entry to the contest is with 100 Samsung Rewards points.
4. The contestant can redeem multiple entries during the Contest Period.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, Contestant will be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as described below) throughout the Contest Period:
|Grand Prize||Samsung TV 65"||UA65NU7100KXXM||3|
|2nd Prize||Samsung Galaxy Note8||SM-N950F||5|
|3rd Prize||Samsung Gear S3 (Frontier)||SM-R760N||5|
|Consolation Prize||500 Samsung Rewards Points||-||500|
2. There will be three (3) Grand Prizes, Five (5) Second Prizes, Five (5) Third Prizes, and a total of five hundred (500) Consolation Prizes throughout the Contest Period, bringing the total of five hundred and thirteen (513) Prizes.
3. Each Contestant is entitled to win one (1) Prize only in the Contest.
4. Prizes are given out on an ”As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
5. Picture(s) of the Prize(s) shown in any advertisement, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Contest is / are solely for illustration purposes only and may not depict the actual colour, model or specification of the Prize(s) and does not include any optional accessories. Samsung is entitled to change the specification and color of the Prizes without prior notice.
6. Samsung will not assume any responsibility or liability for the Prize/ product/merchandise/gift/e-voucher and Samsung expressly excludes and disclaims any representations, warranties or endorsement, implied or express, written or oral, of the product/merchandise/gift/e-voucher offered under this Contest, including but not limited to any warranty of quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, health and safety. The Prize/ product/merchandise/gift/e-voucher is offered solely by the merchant under such terms and conditions as may be determined by the merchant. Any dispute arising from or in connection with the Prize/ product/merchandise/gift/e-voucher offered by the merchant shall be resolved by the users directly with the
7. Winners’ announcement list will be made on Samsung official website and/ or Samsung Mobile Malaysia’s Facebook page.
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
1. On each redemption of 100 points, random unique code with Ten (10) digits will be distributed in the form of the voucher (Unique Code: for eg AA123BG458).
2. At the end of the Contest Period, Samsung will sort all the Contestant with unique codes in ascending order based on unique code distributed for the respective Prizes. Samsung will shortlist twenty (20) contestant as the finalist (“shortlisted Contestant”) for the respective Prizes. The shortlisted Contestant has to provide a screenshot of the following for verification purpose:
(a) Unique Code
(b) Samsung Pay transaction history page
(c) other supporting documents to be determined by Samsung from time to time.
3. Grand Prizes, 2nd Prize
(a) Samsung and/or the
(b) The shortlisted Contestant who answers the question correctly within 60 seconds in the fastest manner will be deemed as the winner.
(c) If the shortlisted Contestant is not able to answer the question correctly, the next eligible shortlisted Contestant in sequence will be shortlisted and contacted to answer the question.
4. If the shortlisted Contestant is not contactable by telephone on the first attempt for the reasons including but not limited to the following circumstances:-
(a) No reply;
(b) Not interested to participate;
(c) Ended the call during the conversation;
(d) The number is not in use;
(e) No connection;
(f) Voice mailbox reached
Another two (2) attempt shall be made within the next two (2) hours of the third attempt to contact the shortlisted Participant. Where the third attempt is also unsuccessful for whatsoever reason, Samsung reserves the right to disqualify the shortlisted Contestant and proceed to contact the next shortlisted Participant. Samsung shall not be held liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event any shortlisted Contestant cannot be contacted for whatsoever reasons.
5. For the avoidance of any doubt, Samsung shall not be liable for any telecommunication charges, roaming or phone charges which is to be borne by the shortlisted Contestant whether within or outside Malaysia.
6. Samsung has the sole discretion to determine the appointed date and time to contact the shortlisted Contestant and the shortlisted Contestant is required to provide their personal information for verification purpose :
(a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (NRIC)
(b) National Registration Identity Card (NRIC)
(c) Delivery address
(d) Contact number
7. If the shortlisted Contestant is unable to answer all the questions or where the answer is given is incorrect, the shortlisted Contestant will be regarded as unsuccessful to win the Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, and 3rd Prize.
8. In the event, if there are more than one shortlisted Contestant answer the ‘Golden Question’ with the same period of time, then the winner shall be the contestant who was first to achieve the required eligibility criteria.
9. All questions and answer session will be judged and decided by a panel of judges selected by Samsung and the decision of the panel of judges shall be final and binding.
10. It shall be the shortlisted Contestant responsibility to ensure the provided mobile numbers are current and update. Samsung shall not be responsible to the shortlisted Contestant for any loss (including loss of opportunity) suffered in the event the shortlisted Contestant mobile number in the record is not current or incorrect.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE(S) & PRIZE REDEMPTION
1. Samsung reserves the right to appoint a third party (3rd) party vendor or service provider to handle the
2. Delivery will be made within Malaysia only, Samsung reserve the right to refuse or disqualify or reject users who key in wrong information or other countries addresses.
3. The Winner is required to ensure that he/she is at the delivery address to accept the delivery. If he/she is not available to receive the delivery, the winner must
4. Prizes will be delivered to the winners within 30 working days upon the announcement of the winner or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung.
5. Samsung shall not be responsible or liable for any delays or non-delivery of the Prize.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The terms and conditions herein shall be read together with the terms and conditions governing Samsung Pay and Samsung Rewards.
2. By participating in the Contest, Contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
3. Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice. For avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination, withdrawal, extension or early completion of this Contest will not entitle the Contestant to any compensation against Samsung for all loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred by the Contestant as a result of the act of cancellation, termination, withdrawal, extension or early completion.
4. Samsung reserves the right to alter, cancel, extend, terminate or suspend the prize or any part thereof or any part of the applicable terms and condition from time to time, with or without any prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the gift, the decision of Samsung shall be final.
5. Samsung reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke if Samsung believes that user’s transactions and/or reward points have been manipulated in any way by machines or computers or through fraudulent or wrongful acts in relations to the Samsung account.
6. Samsung reserves the right to request a screenshot of the Samsung Pay transaction history page and/or other supporting documentation for verification purposes.
7. By participating in the Contest, Contestant agrees to release and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the gift redemption or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the gift or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
8. The contestant is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Contestant’s Samsung Rewards Account and password and for restricting access to Contestant’s Device and activity on Contestant’s Samsung Rewards Account. The Contestant agrees to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under Contestant’s Samsung Rewards Account. Without limiting any other remedies, Samsung may suspend or terminate Contestant’s Samsung Rewards Account if Samsung suspects that the Contestant has engaged in fraudulent activity and/or any irregular transaction in connection with the Contest. Any failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions, any conduct detrimental to Samsung, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with the Contest may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Samsung in law or equity, in the termination of participation in the Contest, as well as forfeiture of Points accrued to date, all as determined by Samsung in its sole discretion.
9. If a Prize is to be awarded to a Contestant who:
(a) Is not eligible to participate in the Contest and/or receive the Prize; and/or
(b) Has committed or is suspected of committing any misconduct, fraudulent, wrongful or irregular acts/ transaction in relation to his/her use of any Samsung services or facilities.
Samsung reserves the right to disqualify such Contestant from Contest and/or receiving the Prize.
10. Each Contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personally identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products; and grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/ video recordings taken in respect of the Contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
(a) In connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
(b) For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
(c) In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram;
(d) At Samsung's sole direction; and
(e) Royalty-free and without any obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
11. Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prize to other prizes (s) of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
12. In the event of any dispute arising from the Contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
13. If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung's control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) To disqualify any contestant; or
(b) To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate.
14. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any Prize will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Samsung (including its officers, employees, and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung's control);
(b) Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
(c) Any Transaction, claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
(d) Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
(e) Any tax liability incurred by a contestant; or
(f) Use of the prize(s).
16. Each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with the Contest.
17. Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in the Contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
18. Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest.
19. Third Party Services. Samsung Pay may include links or access to third-party services. Such access will not be construed as an endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation. Samsung exercises no control whatsoever over such other third party services and is not responsible or liable for the availability, functioning, or quality thereof or the content, advertising, products or other materials thereon. Samsung will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss (including data loss) incurred or suffered by you in connection therewith. Your access and use of third-party services, including information, material, products and offers therein, is solely at your own risk. Use of third-party services may require your agreement to separate written Terms and Conditions.
20. These Terms and Conditions herein shall be governed by laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions and this redeemed item shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.