Terms & Conditions
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Activate Samsung Pay App and register with Samsung Account.
2. Open Samsung Pay App or Click Push Notification.
3. Click Promotion Panel or Event Tab to join the promotion.
4. Event detail page comes up and clicks event participation button.
5. Click “Agree”
6. Page on user’s status page comes up.
8. Top 55 contestants with the highest number of transactions made or completed per month during the Contest Period (as defined below) will win a prize monthly.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Samsung Ranking Promotion (“Contest”) is
i. Residents of Malaysia.
ii. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 1st April 2018).
iii. Children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/ Passport (as of 1st April 2018).
iv. Use Samsung Pay via eligible contestant’s Samsung Galaxy smartphone device. The list of Device and Qualifying Card can be found at www.samsung.com/my/samsung-pay/
The Contest is not open to the user of Samsung Pay on Galaxy Gear devices. The number of transactions will be counted based on a specific Galaxy smartphone device. For the avoidance of doubt, if a contestant uses Samsung Pay on more than one Galaxy smartphone device, then the number of transactions on each Galaxy smartphone device will be counted separately and not combined.
2. By participating in this Contest, each contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age (as of 1st April 2018), such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall be irrevocably bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules, regulations, and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
3. The following users are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
(a) permanent and/or contract employees of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers, and sisters); and/or
(b) representatives and/or agents (including advertising and campaign events, third-party vendors, dealers, business partners, service providers) of Samsung (including its subsidiaries and related companies or group of companies) and their permanent and/or contract staffs or employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters); and/or
(c) any person who has committed or suspended to have committed any fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to his/ her Samsung Account or any services provided by Samsung.
4. Applicable to all new and existing Samsung Pay and Samsung Rewards users. Samsung Pay user must update Samsung Pay to the latest version in order to enjoy the rewards features.
5. Top 55 contestants with the highest number of transactions made or completed per month during the Contest Period (as defined below) will win a prize monthly as below:
|5||Samsung Galaxy Note8||SM-N950F|
|50||Battery Pack (5,000 mAh)||EB-PN920|
6. Winner will receive a “Winning announcement” notification and is required to key in all the required delivery information (including address, mobile number, etc.).
7. The Contest period (“Contest Period”) will commence on 16th April 2018,
i. Contest Start Date or the date of Enrollment (whichever occurs later); and Contest End Date.
8. Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice Top 5 contestants who make or complete the highest number of transactions during the Contest Period shall receive one (1) Samsung Galaxy Note8 64GB (SM-N950F) and the following 50 contestants shall receive one (1) Battery Pack (EP-PN920). In the event that more than one contestant has the same number of transactions, then the winner shall be the contestant who was first to achieve the required highest number of transactions.
9. Each contestant shall only be entitled to one (1) prize for the entire Contest. Prizes will be delivered to the winners within 30 working days upon the end of the Contest Period or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung.
10. Transactions made prior to Enrollment, made outside the Contest Period, made on a Galaxy Gear device, unsuccessful transactions or transactions made without Samsung Pay are not qualified for the contest. Any correspondence or appeals shall not be entertained. Contestants are only allowed to make another consecutive transaction 10 minutes after the previous transaction. Consecutive transactions will only be eligible 10 minutes after the previous transaction.
11. Winners will be notified within 30 days after the Contest Period by a push message through the Samsung Pay application. Winners will require
12. Each of the prizes must be acknowledged by filling in the delivery details within two (2) weeks from notification by Samsung or such other redemption period as may be specified by Samsung. In the event that any winners fail to acknowledge their prize within the stipulated period (or such other period as may be specified by Samsung), or there is no winner determined in respect of the prize, they will be dealt with at Samsung’s sole discretion. Samsung will not be held responsible for lost deliveries which result from an incorrect delivery address, as entered by you, on submitting your delivery information request. Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the order has been dispatched. Delivery within Malaysia only, the winner that key in with other countries address, shall be disqualified from this contest.
14. By participating in the contest, each contestant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each contestant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate using push message via Samsung Pay, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the contestant or posting notices in such other manner specified herein. Each contestant consents to receive electronically all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to the contest.
15. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other
i. In connection with this contest and/or Samsung products.
ii. For the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products.
iii. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
iv. At Samsung's sole direction; and
v. Royalty-free and without any obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
16. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any contestant suspected of fraud or misconduct, or if Samsung believes that contestant’s entry and/or results
17. Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prize to
18. In the event of any dispute arising from the Contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
19. If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung's control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
i. To disqualify any contestant;
ii. To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate.
20. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Pay application or its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the contest.
21. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Samsung (including its officers, employees, and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
i. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung's control);
ii. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
iii. Any Transaction, claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
iv. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
v. Any tax liability incurred by a contestant;
vi. Use of the prize(s).
23. Employees and agents of Samsung, their respective families, households or anyone professionally connected with this contest (in Samsung's opinion), are not eligible to enter this contest.
24. Each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with the contest.
25. Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in the contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
26. Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to the contest.
27. The Terms and Conditions herein shall be read together with the Terms and Conditions governing Samsung Pay.
28. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.