Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR #SlurpMeeContest
1. The Samsung #SlurpMeeContest will run from 20 April 2018, 08.00pm to 29 April 2018, 11.59pm (“Contest Period”). The shortlisted winners will be announced on 3 May 2018 and the Grand Finale will be held on 5 May 2018 whereby the participation of the Finalists (as defined below) is mandatory. Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (interchangeably referred to as “Samsung” or “Organiser”) shall reserve the right to shorten or extend or cancel the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
1. This Contest is open only to all smartphone users with the 'slow-mo/super slow-mo' feature in Malaysia who are:
(i) aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 20 April 2018
(ii) children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 20 April 2018).
By participating in this Contest, each contestant (interchangeably referred to as “Contestant”, “You” or “Your”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age, such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall irrevocably be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
2. Employees or agents of the Organiser or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Participation is through the #SlurpMeeContest ("Contest") on Instagram only.
2. To participate in the Contest, each Contestant shall:
2.1 Log in to your personal Instagram & connect your Facebook/Instagram account to the contest event page.
2.2 Follow Samsung Malaysia’s Instagram account “@SamsungMalaysia”;
2.3 Upload your ‘noodle slurping slow-mo’ video on Instagram together with the hashtag #takeitslomalaysia; #slurpmeecontest and tag @SamsungMalaysia Instagram account.
3. You must ensure that your Instagram accounts are set to public so entries can be seen by Samsung.
4. Contestants can submit as many videos as they like but each Contestant can only win once in this Contest (unique NRIC number to be verified).
PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION MECHANISM
5. Prizes for this Contest consist of the following:
(a) Grand Prize
|Description||Number of Winners|
|Four (4) units of Samsung Galaxy S9 phones||4|
(b) Runner-Up Prize
|Description||Number of Winners|
|Ninety-nine (99) units of Maggi Cup Noodles for each winner.
A total of 792 units to be won.
(c) Consolation Prize
|Description||Number of Winners|
|Four (4) movie tickets for each winner. |
A total of 200 movie tickets to be won.
6. All winners will get to go to the Grand Finale. Details of the Grand Finale are as follows:-
Date and Time : 5 May 2018, 10:00am
8. The top  winners (“Finalists”) must attend the Grand Finale to stand a chance to win the Grand Prize or Runner-Up Prize. The Finalists who fail to attend the Grand Finale will be disqualified by Samsung.
9. Winner announcement will take place on 3 May 2018, at 12 P.M (or such other date as deemed suitable by the Organiser). Winners will receive a notification through DM on Instagram from Samsung or its
10. All shortlisted winners must do the following before they are qualified to win the Prizes:-
(a) all winners must submit the required contact details and documents (including name, IC copy, mobile number and mailing address) for verification to firstname.lastname@example.org within the next  days after the notification is sent.
(b) for the Finalists, their attendance at the Grand Finale is compulsory.
(c) As for the shortlisted Consolation Prize winners, they are encouraged to attend the Grand Finale to collect the Prize on the spot. In the event a Consolation Prize Winner requires a representative to claim
If the Consolation Prize Winner is not able to claim the Prize(s) at the Grand Finale on the 5 May 2018, Consolation Prize Winner has to inform Samsung by way of email to email@example.com within  days from 3 May 2018 so as to allow Samsung or its agent to deliver Prize to the mailing address as provided to Samsung under para. 10(a) above.
Samsung reserves the right to forfeit the prize or to award the prize to another Contestant/Winner if any winner fails to comply with the above criterion.
OTHER GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By participating in this Contest, each Contestant agrees to release and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the product, or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
2. Samsung will not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Contestants to claim their prizes if any and reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant and select the next qualified Contestant as Winner without any liability to the disqualified Contestant whatsoever.
3. Samsung has the absolute right to disqualify/remove any submission by the Contestants that is defamatory, malicious towards any party or has
4. Except where expressly provided herein, you shall bear your own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from your participation in the Contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
5. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services or other online platforms and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Contest.
6. Judging Criteria are as follows:
(a) Usage of the correct hashtag – 10 points
(i) Hashtagging of #slurpmeecontest: 3 points
(ii) Hashtagging of #takeitslomalaysia: 3 points
(iii) Tagging @SamsungMalaysia Instagram Account: 4 points
(b) Shares and Likes – 20 points
(i) Above 1000 shares + likes: 20 points
(ii) 900-999 shares + likes: 18 points
(iii) 800-899 shares + likes: 16 points
(iv) 700-799 shares + likes: 14 points
(v) 600-699 shares + likes: 12 points
(vi) 500-599 shares + likes: 10 points
(vii) 400-499 shares + likes: 8 points
(viii) 300-399 shares + likes: 6 points
(ix) 200-299 shares + likes: 4 points
(x) 100-199 shares + likes: 2 points
(xi) 0-99 shares + likes: 0 points
(c) Creativity – 30 points
- Judged based on how original the idea is
- Judged based on how difficult the stunt/video was to create
(iii) How well caption compliments the video: 10 points
- Judged based on how well the caption fits the video
(d) Usage of Slow-mo – 40 points
(i) Quality of video production: 10 points
- Judged based on clarity of video and lighting
(ii) Facial Expressions during
- Judged based on the facial expressions portrayed
- Judged based on the actions within the
All judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or questions will be entertained.
7. All prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative.
8. The Organiser reserves the right to replace the Prizes with items of similar value in the event that the published Prizes become unavailable.
9. The winner is required to produce a Proof of Identity during or prior to prize redemption for purposes of verification. The only forms of Proof of Identity accepted by the Organiser are as follows: Malaysian Identity card/Passport/Drivers
10. In the event that a Contestant/winner is not contactable after TWO (2) attempts made by the Organiser or its
11. The Finalists must attend the Grand Finale to stand a chance to win the Grand Prize or Second Prize. If they fail to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to forfeit the said Prizes.
12. In the event of discrepancies of any information submitted by the Contestant during verification of Winners by the Organiser or any breach third party’s intellectual property rights or privacy by the Contestant, the Organiser has absolute right to reject to disqualify the submission and the Winner and has the right to select the next suitable Contestant as winner.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to reject any post/ Winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever. In case of any dispute, the Organiser reserves the right to make the final decision. The Organiser’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
14. By participating in this, the Contestant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the Terms and Conditions stated herein and decisions of the Organiser.
15. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her selfies, videos, name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this Contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Instagram profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
16. By providing your personal data, you are indicating that you have read, understood and agreed that your personal data will be recorded, stored or otherwise processed in accordance
17. Each Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this Contest.
18. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.