Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Samsung #SlurpMeeContest will run from 20 April 2018, 08.00pm to 29 April 2018, 11.59pm (“Contest Period”).
The shortlisted winners will be announced on 11 May 2018 on Samsung Malaysia’s social media handles (Instagram and Facebook) and the official contest web page.
Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (interchangeably referred to as “Samsung” or “Organiser”) shall reserve the right to shorten or extend or cancel the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
2. This Contest is open only to all smartphone users with the ‘slow-mo/super slow-mo’ feature in Malaysia who are:
(i) aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 20 April 2018); or
(ii) children aged 13 years and above but have not attained 18 years of age as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 20 April 2018).
By participating in this Contest, each contestant (interchangeably referred to as “Contestant”, “You” or “Your”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age, such contestant’s parent/guardian warrants and agrees that the contestant including his/her parent/guardian shall irrevocably be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.
3. Employees or agents of the Organiser or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to enter.
How to Participate
1. Participation is through the #SlurpMeeContest (“Contest”) on Instagram only.
2. To participate in the Contest, each Contestant shall:
2.1 Login to your personal Instagram & connect your Facebook/Instagram account to the contest event page.
2.2 Follow Samsung Malaysia’s Instagram account “@SamsungMalaysia”;
2.3 Upload your ‘noodle slurping slow-mo’ video on Instagram together with the hashtag #takeitslomalaysia; #slurpmeecontest and tag @SamsungMalaysia Instagram account.
3. You must ensure that your Instagram accounts are set to public so entries can be seen by Samsung.
4. Contestants can submit as many videos as they like but each Contestant can only win once in this Contest (unique NRIC number to be verified)
Prizes and Winner Selection Mechanism
5. Prizes for this Contest consist of the following:
(a) Grand Prize: Four (4) units of Samsung Galaxy S9 phones | Number of Winners: 4
(b) Runner-Up Prize: Ninety-nine (99) units of Maggi Cup Noodles for each winner. (A total of 792 units to be won.) | Number of Winners: 8
(c) Consolation Prize: Four (4) movie tickets for each winner. (A total of 200 movie tickets to be won.) | Number of Winners: 50
6. Winner announcement will take place on 11th May 2018, at 12 P.M (or such other date as deemed suitable by the Organiser) on the Organizer’s social platforms (Instagram and Facebook) and the contest webpage. Winners will receive a notification through DM on Instagram from Samsung or its authorised agent.
7. All shortlisted winners must do the following before they are qualified to win the Prizes:-
(a) all winners must submit the required contact details and documents (including name, IC copy, mobile number and mailing address) for verification to (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the next  days after the notification is sent.
(b) for the Grand Prize Winners, they must collect the prize at the time, date and location specified by the Organiser. Samsung reserves the right to forfeit the prize if the Grand Prize winner fails to collect the prize after a period of  days from the date of notification. In the event a Grand Prize Winner requires a representative to claim the prize(s) on his/her behalf, the representative must bring a letter of authorisation, a copy of the said winner’s proof of identity, and the representative’s proof of identity (collectively, “Authorisation Documents”).
(c) As for the shortlisted winners for Runner-Up and Consolation Prizes, they are encouraged to collect the Prize at the time, date and location specified by the Organizer. In the event the said Winner requires a representative to claim the prize(s) on his/her behalf, the representative must bring the Authorisation Documents mentioned above.
If the Consolation Prize/Runner Up Winner is not able to claim the Prize(s) as mentioned above, the said Winner has to inform Samsung by way of email to (email@example.com)] within  days from 11 May 2018 so as to allow Samsung or its agent to deliver Prize to the mailing address as provided to Samsung under para. 9(a) above.
Samsung reserves the right to forfeit the prize or to award the prize to another Contestant/Winner if any winner fails to comply with the above criterion.
Other General Terms and Conditions
1. By participating in this Contest, each Contestant agrees to release and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the product, or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
2. Samsung shall not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Contestants to claim their prizes if any and reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant and select the next qualified Contestant as Winner without any liability to the disqualified Contestant whatsoever. 2A. Samsung shall not be held responsible for lost deliveries resulting from wrong information entered by winners or lost deliveries caused by a courier company/ third party which is outside the control of Samsung. The winner shall bear the risks of lost deliveries if he/she requests for the prize to be delivered to him/her. Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the prizes have been dispatched.
3. Samsung has the absolute right to disqualify/remove any submission by the Contestants that is defamatory, malicious towards any party or has a potential adverse impact to the Contest and/or Samsung’s brand and reputation.
4. Except where expressly provided herein, you shall bear your own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from your participation in the Contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
5. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services or other online platforms and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Contest.
6. Judging Criteria are as follows:
(a). Usage of the correct hashtag – 10 points
(i) Hashtagging of #slurpmeecontest: 3 points
(ii) Hashtagging of #takeitslomalaysia: 3 points
(iii) Tagging @SamsungMalaysia Instagram Account: 4 points
(b). Views and Likes (Total Engagement) – 20 points
(i) Above 1000 views + likes: 20 points
(ii) 900-999 views + likes: 18 points
(iii) 800-899 views + likes: 16 points
(iv) 700-799 views + likes: 14 points
(v) 600-699 views + likes: 12 points
(vi) 500-599 views + likes: 10 points
(vii) 400-499 views + likes: 8 points
(viii) 300-399 views + likes: 6 points
(ix) 200-299 views + likes: 4 points
(x) 100-199 views + likes: 2 points
(xi) 0-99 shares + likes: 0 points
(c). Creativity – 30 points
(i) The originality of idea: 10 points
- Judged based on how original the idea is
(ii) The difficulty of execution: 10 points
- Judged based on how difficult the stunt/video was to create
(iii) How well caption compliments the video: 10 points
- Judged based on how well the caption fits the video
(d). Usage of Slow-mo – 40 points
(i) Quality of video production: 10 points
- Judged based on clarity of video and lighting
(ii) Facial Expressions during the slow-mo video: 10 points
- Judged based on the facial expressions portrayed in the video
(iii) Overall execution impact of slow motion: 20 points
- Judged based on the actions of the slow motion video
All judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or questions will be entertained.
7. All prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative.
8. The Organiser reserves the right to replace the Prizes with items of similar value in the event that the published Prizes become unavailable.
9. The winner is required to produce a Proof of Identity during or prior to prize redemption for purposes of verification. The only forms of Proof of Identity accepted by the Organiser are as follows: Malaysian Identity card/Passport/Drivers licence. A failure to provide any Proof of Identity and/or any discrepancy found in the identification and verification of the Contestant entitles the Organiser to disqualify winner.
10. In the event that a Contestant/winner is not contactable after TWO (2) attempts made by the Organiser or its authorised agent, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the eligibility of the Contestant or winner and the next qualified Contestant will be selected.
11. In the event of discrepancies of any information submitted by the Contestant during verification of Winners by the Organiser or any breach third party’s intellectual property rights or privacy by the Contestant, the Organiser has absolute right to reject to disqualify the submission and the Winner and has the right to select the next suitable Contestant as winner.
12 The Organiser reserves the right to reject any post/ Winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever. In case of any dispute, the Organiser reserves the right to make the final decision. The Organiser’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
13. By participating in this, the Contestant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the Terms and Conditions stated herein and decisions of the Organiser.
14. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her selfies, videos, name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this Contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Instagram profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram;
at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above.
16. Each Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this Contest.
17. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.