Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This contest is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics(SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”) and is open to contestants who:
a. are Residents of Malaysia and:
i. Aged 18 years and above as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 24th May 2018);
b. Are Couple (1 couple inclusive one male / one female)to be eligible to participate in this contest.
2. By participating in this contest, each contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For contestants aged 13 years and above but have not yet attained 18 years of age (as of 24th
3. To participate in this contest, each contestant must:
a. Visit Studio 9 booth.
b. Record a Super Slow-mo video using the provided Galaxy S9
c. Share recorded video on Instagram using #GalaxyS9 #TakeItSloMalaysia
4. A total of two (2) winners will be selected for the best video. Each
5. Winner will receive a notification from Samsung or its
6. This contest will commence on 24th May 2018,
7. Samsung reserves the right to amend or extend the duration of this contest at any time as it deems fit without any prior notice.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
8. The winners of this contest will be informed via an e-mail by Samsung. Winners must provide Samsung with their information within the next 3 days after the e-mail from Samsung is sent. Winners who fail to do so may, at Samsung’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the contest.
9. By participating in this contest, each contestant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each contestant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by push message via Samsung Members, electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the contestant or posting notices in such manner specified herein. Each contestant consents to
10. Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products: and grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details):
a. In connection with this contest and/or Samsung products;
b. For the promotion and publicity of this contest and/or Samsung products;
c. In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
11. Contestants will only be confirmed as winners after the verification of the validity of each participation. Samsung reserves the right to check the validity of any participation. Entries failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions herein will not be accepted. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any contestant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that the contestant’s entry and/or results
12. Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prizes to other prizes of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
13. In the event of any dispute arising from this contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to this contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
14. If this contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung’s control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a. To disqualify any contestant;
15. Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of Samsung Members application or its web services and will not be held responsible for any interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this contest.
16. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible
a. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung’s control);
b. Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
d. Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
e. Any tax liability incurred by a contestant;
17. Samsung collects, uses and processes and/or discloses (including third party overseas) contestants’ personal information in order to
18. Employees and agents of Samsung, their respective families, households or anyone professionally connected with this contest (in Samsung’s opinion), are not eligible to enter this contest.
19. Each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with this contest.
20. Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in this contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
21. Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this contest.
22. Samsung reserves the right to use any personal data of contestants in any manner as mentioned above and/or for any purpose they deem fit for the purposes of this contest and the contestants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
23. The decision of Samsung in relation to every aspect of this contest, including but not limited to the contestants shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstances and no appeal or complaint from any contestants will be entertained.
24. Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the contest/campaign with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Samsung shall not entitle the contestants to any claim or compensation against Samsung for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.