Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The YEARLY UPGRADE PROGRAM (“Promotion”) is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (“Samsung”). This Promotion will run from 2nd July – 2nd September 2018 (“Promotion Period”) at Samsung Experience Stores (SES), Samsung Preferred Partners Platinum (SPP Platinum) and SenHeng and SenQ outlets (“Participating Outlets”). Samsung reserves the right to shorten or extend the Promotion Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
2nd July 2018 – 2nd September 2018 (or while stocks last)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Purchase one (1) unit of Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ in a single receipt within the Promotional Period from the Participating Outlets to be entitled to purchase the Yearly Upgrade Program (YUP) at only RM 100. By purchasing YUP, you will be entitled to the below benefits :
a. FREE Screen Protection worth RM 140 for Galaxy S9 | S9+.
b. 10% discount off the next incoming S Series device to be launched next year.
i. Limited to one (1) unit per YUP customer.
ii. Limited to upgrade purchase made between the 13th to the 15th month calculated from the month the current device is purchased.
For example, if Galaxy S9 is purchased in the month of June 2018, YUP customer will be entitled to the 10% discount if he/she purchases the next incoming S Series device within the period of July till September 2019.
In order to be entitled to the said 10% discount, YUP customer must do the following:-
a. Purchase a Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ within the campaign period.
c. Upon validation, successful YUP customers will receive 2 e-certificates as below.
i. Screen Protection
ii. Yearly Upgrade Program
d. Between the 13th to the 15th month after the purchase of Galaxy S9 | S9+ (based on tax invoice), YUP customers will be contacted via EDM/calls. He/she will be offered the next S Series device at 10% discount.
2. If purchase method of the device is via 12 months Easy Payment Plan (EPP), there will also be a 1-month interest waived (“EPP Subsidy”) as per below table.
3. The Promotion is open to residents of Malaysia, 18 years of age and above (as at 2nd July 2018) except the employees or the immediate families of Samsung, their affiliates and/or related companies, distributors, retailers, dealers, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies. In the event the consumer is below 18 years old, please seek consent from parent/guardian before participating in this Promotion. Participation by consumers under 18 years old will be deemed to be accompanied with consent by the parent/guardian.
4. Only selected participating outlet will have selected bank’s credit card terminal availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. The above promotion is available during the Promotional Period only.
2. The EPP Subsidy and benefits mentioned above are not redeemable for cash, not exchangeable or transferable, and cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
3. Samsung reserves the rights to change the promotion with products/offers of similar value in the event of out of stocks or circumstances that is outside its control.
4. By participating in this promotion, the customer (“Customer”) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the Terms and Conditions stated herein and decisions of the Samsung.
5. The Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to the extent permitted by law.
6. Samsung is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the redemption of EPP Subsidy and benefits and/or participation of the promotion.
7. Samsung shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained during Promotion Period.
8. By participating in this promotion, each Customer agrees to release and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the promotion or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the promotional item/value , or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
9. In case of any dispute, Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision. Samsung’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
10. During the Promotion Period, Samsung may collect Customer’s information including personnel in the form of, among others, survey forms, the redemption of free gift forms, interviews, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs, where applicable (whether on our own or by appointed service provided).
12. In the event of inconsistencies between the Terms and Conditions found elsewhere with regard to this promotion (if any) and the Terms and Conditions herein, the latter (i.e. these Terms and Conditions) shall prevail.
13. These Terms and Condition herein shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Malaysian law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.