What are the Samsung Smart Care Terms and Conditions?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
(A) Samsung Smart Warranty:-
1. Samsung Smart Warranty is only applicable to the customers only if the device is covered under standard warranty provided that the Samsung Smart Warranty is purchase before the expiry of the standard warranty. Except for the time extension stated in the Certificate, this Samsung Smart Care Certificate shall be read together and shall be subject to the terms and conditions stated in the standard warranty.
2. Samsung Smart Warranty shall only be applicable only for the purposes covered by the standard warranty of the device. In the event the device is used for purposes in which the standard warranty does not cover, the extended warranty shall not apply.
3. If a valid claim is made during the Term, Samsung will, upon sight of valid supporting documents (i.e. dated proof of purchase of Device and Samsung Screen Protection pack), repair the Device. For defects that cannot be repaired within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience, Samsung will exchange the defective Device (or part thereof) with a replacement device that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
(B) Samsung Screen Protection:-
1. Samsung Screen Protection may be purchase for your Device in any one of the following ways:-
(i) At the point of purchase of your Device from selected Samsung Authorized stores; OR
(ii) From selected Samsung Customer Service Centre(s) within 30 days from the date of purchase of your Device, provided that Samsung certifies that your Device’s screen is good condition (without any crack) and all relevant invoices and other documents are verified to Samsung’s satisfaction. Samsung’s determination in this regard is final.
2. The term of the Samsung Screen Protection shall be one (1) year from the date of the purchase of your device.
3. Samsung Screen Protection covers damage to your Device caused as the result of unintentional, unexpected or accidental damage from handling as damage to the display screen of your Device due to drops, falls and other collisions. Subject to your submission of a valid claim and payment of a service fee (which is in addition to the fees you have paid for Samsung Screen Protection), Samsung will exchange the defective display screen with a replacement device that is new or equivalent to new in performance; (each a "Samsung Screen Protection Incident").
4. Samsung Screen Protection does not cover:
i. Damage or defects due to fire, intentional damage, fractures;
ii. Scratches, gradually developing defects, cosmetic damage to outer surface/ finishing and external parts of the Device, including without limitation dents or scratches on the exterior casing, screen, camera lens, buttons and other attachments, including where caused by friction or rubbing with additional equipment or accessories;
iii. Deterioration of the Device due to normal wear and tear, including without limitation rust or stains;
iv. Reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the Device;
v. Any other circumstance where repair would be contradictory or not in compliance with good business practice.
5. Unless otherwise specified, Samsung Screen Protection covers the hardware components of the Device as originally supplied and does not cover any software, consumable items, or accessories even if packaged or sold together with the Device. For details on any user rights with respect to software, please refer to licensing agreement accompanying such software.
1. Samsung Smart Care is limited and only valid in Malaysia, and not eligible for any international service. Samsung Smart Care service may only be performed by selected Samsung authorised service centre(s).
2. Samsung Smart Care only applies to Devices manufactured by or for Samsung that can be identified by the original "Samsung" trademark, trade name or logo affixed to them, and LOCALLY purchased from Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd., and authorized dealers, distributors or resellers.
3. The customer shall register service request at Samsung Call center only mentioning his/her Warranty Certificate number. Any changes in the address of the customer must be notified by the customer in advance.
4. Samsung Smart Care is subject to verification of the documents and/or information provided by the customer and Samsung reserves the right to seek such additional documents and/or information from the customer as it may deem appropriate. The completed Samsung Smart Care certificate should be presented to the service engineer at the time of repairs being undertaken / requested.
5. The device must be used in accordance with the instructions on the instruction manual, as determined by Samsung.
6. Samsung Smart Care shall be provided either offsite or onsite, depending upon the device
7. Samsung Smart Care shall be valid for a period as mentioned in the form or authorized service partner invoice duly signed by an authorized representative or Samsung Smart Care certificate attached together with this terms and conditions.
8. In the event that customer wishes to cancel the Samsung Smart Care before completion of the warranty period, there shall be no refund of the charges for the unexpired period of the Smart Care warranty.
9. The customer shall not directly or indirectly alter or tamper the device, which would change the internal operation of the device. Samsung shall not be liable to service or repair in such cases and decision by Samsung shall be final and binding.
10. Samsung shall be under no obligation to provide service/repair because of improper use, modification or substitution, or in case the serial number of the device is altered or removed or is illegible.
11. Samsung Smart Care is being offered by Samsung is subject to the terms and conditions stated herein and subject to the terms and conditions of the Device standard warranty, in which Samsung reserves the right to refuse, suspend or withdraw the extended warranty at any time without prior notice. The warranty does not apply to normal wear & tear of the parts or defects caused by household pets, rats, cockroaches or any other animals or insects.
12. Samsung Smart Care does not cover the damage or loss caused by accident, lighting, water, fire or other acts of God, improper ventilation, dropping or excessive shock or any external cause beyond Samsung’s control. In case services are required as a result of the causes stated above, such services shall be at extra charges to be borne by customer.
13. All defective components shall be replaced with compatible working parts & defective parts shall be Samsung’s property.
14. No transportation charges will be charged pertaining to the replacement or repair of parts covered under Samsung Smart Care. For parts not covered under the Samsung Smart Care, transportation/labour charges will be charged as per rates scheduled for those parts.
15. Samsung Smart Care does not cover any kind of software support or installations. Samsung shall not be responsible for damage to, or loss of, any programs, data or removable storage media including any consequential loss or damage howsoever caused
16. Any Non Samsung certified device/software added on to Samsung devices will also render the extended warranty null & void.
17. Any third party peripherals whether purchased as a part of the device or bundled with it, come with such third party standard warranty and Samsung makes no warranty whatsoever on their behalf. E.g.: DTH connection, stabilizers, UPS etc. The extended warranty shall not be applicable for such third party devices.
18. In the event of non availability of spares or device not repairable, the depreciation clause will be applicable as per the depreciation rates of Samsung, prevailing at that point of time (Calculated from date of purchase of the device) as per Samsung policy.
19. Samsung Smart Care is non-transferable to another device.
20. Samsung Smart Care shall not be applicable in case the site (premises where the device is kept) conditions do not confirm to the recommended operations of the machine/unit.
21. The device brought to the service center will remain at the service center at customer’s risk and Samsung shall not be responsible for any damages caused due to factors beyond its control.
22. Purchase of Samsung Smart Care is voluntary constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions by the customer. Customer is advised to check for updates on the terms and conditions of this Smart Care from time to time on Samsung website stated herein.
23. Decision of Samsung in relation to the Samsung Smart Care and matter incidental thereto shall be final and binding on the customer. The existence of dispute, if any, shall not constitute a claim against Samsung. Any and all disputes, controversies and conflicts (“Disputes”) arising out of the extended warranty and all subject matter with regard to the extended warranty shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts of Malaysia.
24. These Terms and Conditions may be amended by Samsung from time to time without prior notice. For a full list of the updated Terms and Conditions, please visit http://www.samsung.com/my/support/or call 1800-88-9999(consumer) or 1800-88-3399(enterprise customer).
25. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranties expressly provided herein are the sole and exclusive warranties provided in connection with the Device in relation to Samsung Smart Care and no other warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions of any kind, whether oral, written, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation any implied warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties against hidden or latent defects, are provided. In so far as any warranties cannot be excluded, such warranties shall be limited to these Terms and Conditions and for the Term expressed herein.
26. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Samsung shall not be in any way liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or similar damages whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use, inability to use or performance of the Device and/ or in relation to Samsung Smart Care, including without limitation loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, failure to realise savings or other benefits, loss of use of the Device or any associated equipment, loss of or damage to other property due to the malfunction of the Device, costs of substitute equipment, loss due to downtime cost, costs of recovering, reprogramming or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with a system containing the Device, or loss, damage, corruption or compromise of data, whether due to breach of warranty, strict liability, device liability, the negligence of Samsung, or otherwise, even if Samsung is aware of the possibility of such damages. Samsung does not exclude or limit liability for personal injury or death resulting from Samsung's negligence.
27. It is your responsibility to secure and/ or back up or remove any programs, data or other materials and content stored in the Device. You must also delete any confidential/ personal information contained in the Device before handing over the Device for repair or replacement. Samsung assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, destruction, alteration or failure to maintain confidentiality of programs, data, information or other materials or content left in the Device, howsoever caused, whether during servicing of the Device, through use of synchronisation software for the Device, or otherwise.
29. Unless otherwise provided by applicable law, Samsung may cancel your Samsung Smart Care: (a) at any time for fraud, material misrepresentation; (b) in event of your breach of these Terms and Conditions; (c) at any time upon thirty days' prior written notice; or (d) in event of any unavailability of service parts. Where Samsung cancels Samsung Smart Care in event of unavailability of service parts, you will receive a pro-rata refund for the unexpired term of your Samsung Smart Care plan.
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours a day/ 7days a week
(Including Public Holidays)
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Take advantages of Remote Support for TVs, Mobile phones &Tablets
24 hours a day/ 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm (Excluding Sat, Sun & Public Holidays)
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .