The Business-rugged tablet
Keep your attention on the work at hand, not the cost of replacement. The Galaxy Tab Active2 features a firm, non-slip grip even in extreme construction environments while its ruggedized, anti-shock back cover is designed to withstand accidental drops as it adheres to MIL-STD 810G standards.
*MIL-STD 810G is a standardized form of testing designed by the US Military to accurately assess device limitations. Testing methods include a drop test on a plywood impact surface over concrete from a height of 1.2 meters.
Water and Dust Resistance
With IP68-rated* water and dust resistance, the Galaxy Tab Active 2 and the S Pen can be used confidently in outdoor environments, whether you’re surveying dusty building sites or using Google Maps to find your way to a client meeting in a downpour.
* Galaxy Tab Active 2 and S Pen are rated IP68, meaning they are both protected against dust ingress and are water resistant. Water resistance rating is based on test conditions of submersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
Replaceable Battery Power
You can't always access a power socket when you are working offsite, so the Galaxy Tab Active 2's battery can be easily replaced giving you that uninterrupted power to handle the pressure of deadlines. Simply carry a fully charged battery with you whenever you need to power through work.
1. Additional batteries sold separately 2. Battery life up to 11 hours Video Playback Time 3.Actual battery life may vary depending on use.
Advanced S Pen Experience
The Galaxy Tab Active 2 comes with an innovative, easy-to-use, and water-resistant S Pen*, providing a simple and effective way to work. The S Pen looks and feels like a typical pen and enables you to create and capture content with minimal fuss. Even in wet weather conditions you can still capture customer signatures, jot down notes and sketch out ideas.
*Galaxy Tab Active 2 and S Pen are rated IP68, meaning they are both protected against dust ingress and are water resistant. Water resistance rating is based on test conditions of submersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
Security that's unique to you
With biometric security built in, only you will be able to unlock your Galaxy Tab Active 2 using your unique fingerprint, or facial profile*. Plus if you choose to secure your device with biometric authentication you won't have to remember a PIN code.
* Biometric unlocking function not available in all circumstances. Other secure methods of unlocking the device are available where biometric function not available.
The Galaxy Tab Active 2 is tough on the outside and powerful on the inside, with 3 GB RAM and a 1.6 GHz Octa-core processor powerful enough to handle multiple tasks such as real-time data management and on-board navigation. It can also handle AR applications to optimise productivity levels.
Defence-grade Mobile Security Solution
Straight out of the box you are protected with Samsung Knox 2.8. KNOX is a multi-layered, defence-grade mobile security platform that helps to safeguard your device at multiple levels. Unleash the full power of KNOX with KNOX Customisation which lets you configure and customise your Galaxy Tab Active 2 to best suit your business needs. KNOX Configure lets you set up your tablets to only perform pre-configured tasks, rebrand all your devices with your company’s logo or even create your own business portals specifically for your workforce. With Knox Customisation there are so many possibilities.
*Full Samsung KNOX suite available for an additional licensing fee.
Faster scanning and ID checks
Need to transfer data quickly between devices or speed up everyday tasks such as barcode scanning? The Galaxy Tab Active 2 features built-in Near Field Communication (NFC), which enables you to perform tasks simply by tapping the tablet against another NFC-enabled device. Plus, with an 8 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera, you can easily capture and scan barcodes, QR codes and ID documents.
Jump between tablet and laptop
Quickly and easily switch from tablet to laptop set up by attaching a keyboard* to the Galaxy Tab Active 2' Pogo Pin connector. A tablet is perfect for working in the field or during your commute to visit a client, while the Pogo Pin makes it easier when you need to work at a desk or in the office.
*Accessories sold separately
- CPU Speed 1.6GHz
- CPU Type Octa-Core
- Size (Main Display) mm 8.0" (203.1mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 1280 x 800 (WXGA)
- Technology (Main Display) TFT
- Colour Depth (Main Display) 16M
- S Pen Support Yes
- Main Camera - Resolution 8.0 MP
- Main Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution 5.0 MP
- Main Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- RAM_Size (GB) 3 GB
- ROM Size (GB) 16 GB
- Available Memory* (GB) 10.0 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 256GB)
- Number of SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4FF)
- SIM Slot Type SIM 1 + MicroSD
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD, 4G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B17(700), B20(800), B28(700)
- 4G TDD LTE B38(2600), B40(2300)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5GHz
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.2
- NFC Yes
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Android 7.1
- Form Factor Tablet
- Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 127.6 x 214.7 x 9.9
- Weight (g) 419
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 9
- Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours) Up to 11
- Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 11
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 11
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 4450
- Removable Yes
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 78
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 25
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DSF
Services and Applications
- S-Voice No
- Mobile TV No
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Galaxy Tab Active 2 (4G) (SM-T395NZKAXNZ)