IE9 - Internet Explorer 9 Notification bar
* Please note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
What is the Notification bar?
The Notification bar is a gold and white bar at the bottom of the webpage where Internet Explorer displays information about the status of your browser, webpage, or download. It usually provides you with one or more actions you can take, such as Open or Save, and then disappears if you navigate away from the webpage.
If the notification is about a pending download that requires action, the bar will briefly flash, and then turn solid gold. For less-severe notifications that don't involve your privacy or security, the bar will disappear on its own after several seconds.
Internet Explorer notifications stay open twice as long as the time setting for dialog boxes in the Ease of Access Center. To change the time setting for dialog boxes, follow these steps:
1. Open the Use the computer without a display page by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Ease of Access, clicking Ease of Access Center, and then clicking Use the computer without a display.
2. Click the button that displays the time, increase or decrease it, and then click OK.
Can I ignore notifications?
Yes. The bar might be displayed until you navigate to a new webpage or click the Close button. For notifications involving security or privacy, Internet Explorer automatically takes the most secure action, and allows you to take less secure actions if you're confident that these won't put your computer or information in danger.
Can I turn off the Notification bar?
No, but you can click the Close button on the right side of the bar to make it disappear. The bar will also disappear if you navigate away from the current page.
Why does the Notification bar keep telling me to speed up browsing?
A new feature in Internet Explorer 9 called Add-on Performance Advisor notifies you when add-ons increase the average time it takes to start up Internet Explorer, navigate to a webpage, or open a tab. To prevent the notification from appearing, follow these steps:
1. In the Notification bar, click Choose add-ons, and then do one of the following actions:
• Click one or more add-ons that are slowing down the browser, and then click Disable for each add-on.
• Click the button that displays the time, and then increase it.
2. Click Done
** "To aid us in creating better support content for you, kindly complete the survey below if your query was resolved. Your rating and comments should only be based on the above content.
For all other queries or further technical assistance, please call Samsung Customer Care on 0800 726 786 or Live Chat with our Technical Team online, services are open 24 hours, 7 days."
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.