Everything you need to know about your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Camera
In this FAQ:
· Learn about the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ camera specs
· What is Super Slow-mo?
· What is AR Emoji?
· What is Dual Aperture?
· What is Live Focus?
· What is Dual Capture?
· What is Selfie Focus?
· What is Bixby vision?
Super Speed Dual Pixel: Increased performance of auto-focus (AF) that helps with moving objects, which also gives you sharper and clearer images
FOV: Field of Vision
OIS: Optical Image Stabilisation
Aperture: The opening of the lens which allows light into the camera sensor
What is Super Slow-mo?
Super Slow-mo is a new camera feature added to the Galaxy S9/S9+ that allows you to capture high-speed actions and play them in super slow motion.
The Super Speed image sensor embedded in the wide-angle rear camera and the sensor's DRAM (for reading image signals) makes high-speed actions processing possible.
· Super Slow-mo (960 frames per second) vs Slow Motion (240 fps) vs Normal video (30 fps)
· Random background music will be inserted automatically after taking the video
· 3 types of animated-GIFs will be generated automatically
· Super Slow-mo captures for 0.2 secs and could be played approximately 6.4 secs long
· Super Slow-mo can be used up to 20 times in a video
· Super Slow-mo only supports HD (720p) resolution
What is AR Emoji?
With the Augmented Reality (AR) Emoji, you can create a 3D avatar of yourself and customise it with different looks from the head down.
What is Dual Aperture?
Aperture is a hole within a lens which allows light to travel into the camera body.
Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Camera has Dual Aperture that allows you to take shots in different light conditions which guarantee bright and clear photos are delivered. With F1.5 and F2.4 modes, it adapts to bright light and super low light automatically, like the human eye.
· Low light situations: the lens opens to F1.5 to allow more light to pass through the sensor for a bright and clear photo.
· Broad daylight: F2.4 mode kicks in to make photos look sharp with less noise.
· Manual change (F1.5 or F2.4) is available with PRO mode
What is Live Focus?
Live Focus technology allows Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ to capture the background and the subject separately, and combine them to create an image. You can adjust the amount of bokeh (background blur) after taking the Live Focus photo.
What is Dual Capture (S9+ only)?
The feature is available only on Samsung Galaxy S9+.
Dual Capture allows you to capture a Live Focus image zoomed in on the subject and a photo with a wide angle background, all in one shot. This feature leverages on S9+ rear cameras; Main camera with Dual Pixel (fast auto-focus) and Telephoto Camera with Optical 2x Zoom (clearer image with zoom).
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Dual Camera has the following features:
· Dual lens camera (improved zoom feature up to 10x)
· Dual OIS (anti-handshaking)
· Dual Capture (Live Focus)
What is Selfie Focus?
Selfie Focus feature allows you to take selfies with real-time background blur effect in preview mode. The difference between Selfie Focus and Selective Focus is that the latter does not support blur effect in preview mode.
What is Bixby Vision?
Use Bixby Vision to translate languages, identify landmarks and shop for products right when you see them. Please note that translate feature is available with 51 input languages and 104 output languages.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.