Galaxy J5/J7 2017: Fingerprint > How should do I for better fingerprint recognition
* Please note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
How to/tips for getting the best fingerprint recognition
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
● The Home key contains a fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the Home key is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
● Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
● The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
● The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
● The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
● If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize.
your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire Home key with your finger.
● To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
● In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
Thank you for your feedback!