How to register your fingerprint on the Note9?
In order for the fingerprint recognition feature to function, your fingerprint information needs to be registered and stored in your device.
After registering, you can set the device to use your fingerprint for the features below:
• Samsung Pass (Samsung account verification and web sign-in)
• Screen lock
• Secure Folder
Deleting registered fingerprints
- This feature may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
- Fingerprint recognition uses the unique characteristics of each fingerprint to enhance the security of your device. The likelihood of the fingerprint sensor confusing two different fingerprints is very low. However, in rare cases where separate fingerprints are very similar the sensor may recognise them as identical.
- If you use your fingerprint as a screen lock method, your fingerprint cannot be used to unlock the screen for the first time after turning on the device. To use the device, you must unlock the screen using the pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the fingerprint. Be careful not to forget your pattern, PIN, or password.
- If your fingerprint is not recognised, unlock the device using the pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the fingerprint, and then re-register your fingerprints. If your pattern, PIN, or password is forgotten, you will not be able to use the device if you do not reset it. Samsung is not responsible for any data loss or inconvenience caused by forgotten unlock codes.
- If you change the screen lock
method to Swipe or None, which are not secure, all of your biometric data will be deleted. If you want to use your biometric data in apps or features, you must register your biometric data again.
Thank you for your feedback!