Main features of the S Pen on my Samsung Galaxy Note II
* Please note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
Be creative! Be different! Discover the ultimate on-the-go creativity tool with the Galaxy Note II smartphone. Ideas can be brought to life, and creativity boosted with the enhanced S Pen, together with features such as Popup Note and Air View.
What features are activated on removal of the S Pen from my handset?
The S Pen is removed from its slot at the back of your handset (shown below).
Removing the S Pen
On removal, your handset will vibrate immediately for about a couple of seconds.
The S Note menu will also appear (shown below). Here you can create notes using either a blank page or one of the many templates provided with this application.
The feature launched will depend largely on the status of your handset device:
- If your handset is in standby (or idle) mode, removing the pen will (a) activate the display screen, and (b) automatically launch the S Pen menu screen (shown below).
S Pen menu
- If your handset is at the main (or home) screen, removing the pen also opens the S Pen menu screen.
- If you are currently on a call, removing the pen, just opens the S Note screen (shown below).
S Note screen
You can create notes using either menu, via blank note or a template available.
How do I use the S Pen features during a phone call?
1. During your telephone conversation, carefully remove the S Pen from its slot on the back of your handset.
Removing S Pen during call
2. On removal, the S Memo feature will open (as shown below).
The in-call S Memo feature opens
How do I use the S Pen Keeper to guard against losing the pen?
1. From the main (or home) screen, select (tap on) Apps.
2. Select (tap on) Settings.
3. Select S Pen.
4. From the S Pen menu, select S Pen keeper.
Once the S Pen keeper feature has been enabled: If the touch screen is dark (i.e. on standby), your handset will generate both an alert message and alert tone, if you walk some distance away from your device.
The distance at which the alert is activated will vary slightly, with each user.
** "To aid us in creating better support content for you, kindly complete the survey below if your query was resolved. Your rating and comments should only be based on the above content.
For all other queries or further technical assistance, please call Samsung Customer Care on 0800 726 786 or Live Chat with our Technical Team online, services are open 24 hours, 7 days."
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.