S6 Edge: How do I use Edge lighting feature on Edge screen?
Please note, this section is designed to give you basic product troubleshooting information, also refer to your user manual for more information.
The Edge lighting feature is designed to light up the edge of your devices screen when face down so you can see you have a notification or a call.
To activate this on the Samsung galaxy S6 Edge follow the steps below.
For models on Android 9.0 see How can I customize Edge lighting color?
To use the Edge lighting feature on your Galaxy S6 Edge, follow these steps:
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings.
- Under Settings, scroll down then tap Edge screen.
- Tap Edge lighting and tap the switch to activate it.
(If People edge feature is also enabled, the color of the indicator will depend on your 'My people' settings)
People edge feature.
Via People edge feature, you can check missed notifications about your most important contacts on the Edge screen. The Edge screen can display a tab with an assigned color when there is a missed notification from a priority contact. Tap People edge and tap the switch to activate it.
Note: This feature is available on the Home screen, locked screen, and Apps screen
To activate the People edge, return to previous screen (go to Edge screen page).
- Add frequently used contacts to the 'My people' list and set them as your priority contacts. Tap My people.
- Select a color by tapping “+” and select a contact to add. Only contacts saved in Contacts can be added to the My people list.
Alternatively, you can also add frequently used contacts to the My people list directly from Home screen.
- Drag the tab from the Edge screen towards the center of the screen to open the My people list.
- Select a color by tapping “+” and select a contact to add.
- To change the order of contacts, tap and hold a contact icon and drag it to another location.
- To delete a contact, tap and hold a contact icon and drag it to Remove icon at the top of the screen.
Changing an assigned colour for a contact.
- Tap setting option.
- Tap My people.
- Tap the contact’s color icon if you want to change color.
- Select the color.
Now, you can check a new color icon.
If you tap contact’s color icon, you can directly call or send message to specific contact.
When there is a missed notification from a My people contact, a tab with the contact’s assigned color will appear on the Edge screen.
Drag the tab towards the center of the screen to view the details. You can directly reply to the contact by tapping one of the communication options.
For all other queries or further technical assistance, please call Samsung Customer Care on 0800 726 786 or Live Chat with our Technical Team online, services are open 24 hours, 7 days.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.