How to take Super Slow-mo videos on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?
In this FAQ:
· What is Super Slow-mo?
· How to take Super Slow-mo videos on Galaxy S9/S9+?
· How to edit Super Slow-mo videos?
· Super Slow-mo in Auto mode
· Special Editing features
What is Super Slow-mo
Super Slow-mo is a new camera feature added to the Galaxy S9/S9+ that allows you to capture high-speed actions and play them in super slow motion. Here are some key points:
· Super Slow-mo (960 frames per second) vs Slow Motion (240 fps) vs Normal video (30 fps)
· Random background music will be inserted automatically after taking the video
· 3 types of animated-GIFs will be generated automatically
· Super Slow-mo captures for 0.2 secs and could be played approximately 6.4 secs long
· Super Slow-mo can be used up to 20 times in a video
· Super Slow-mo only supports HD (720p) resolution
How to take Super Slow-mo videos on Galaxy S9/S9+
1. Go to Camera app > tap Super Slow-mo (see top of screen).
2. Tap the Setting icon > Super Slow-mo. Set the mode.
3. Auto mode: Super Slow-mo moments are automatically selected for you.
4. Manual mode: Tap the Super Slow-mo button whenever you want to capture something in super slow motion
How to edit Super Slow-mo videos
1. Go to Gallery > Select a super slow-mo video > Tap the icon (4 circles) in the centre of the screen
2. Select a super slow-motion section of the video.
3. To turn off the super slow-motion effect > Tap the slow-motion icon.
4. To crop out a desired section > Tap the crop icon (grey scissors). Drag the start bracket and the end bracket to the desired points to select the section you want to keep.
5. To change the background music > Tap the music icon (musical note).
Super Slow-mo in Manual Mode
In Manual mode, you call the shots when the super slow motion should happen by tapping the four-circle button beside the main camera button at the desired moment.
Super Slow-mo in Auto Mode
In Auto mode, the camera captures the moment in super slow motion automatically when movement is detected in the motion detection area. This is best used for hands-free recording.
To move the motion detection area, tap and hold the area inside the corners and drag it to a new location. To adjust the area size, tap and hold a corner and drag it.
Use Auto mode in a place that has sufficient light. Please note that in Auto mode, recording may begin at an unwanted moment if there are conditions such as the following:
· When the device shakes.
· When another object is moving near the subject in the motion detection area.
· When recording under a flickering light, such as a fluorescent light.
· When recording in dark areas where noise occurs.
· When you play the video, the segments recorded in super slow motion will play in slow motion.
Multi-take (By default): Record a video and capture multiple moments in super slow motion.
Single-take (In camera settings): Record a short video by capturing a single action in super slow motion.
Special Editing Features
In the Gallery, super slow motion videos are designated in four circles, or you can open the Super Slow-mo Clip folder to find them. You can trim them from there to remove unwanted frames. Swipe up on the video to make your own A-GIFs in three different styles of looping: reverse, forward and swing.
· Auto BGM
After the videos are taken, Auto BGM provides random Background Music inserted automatically. You can add music to your video from a set of preloaded soundtracks or use a song from your own playlist.
· Super Slow-mo as Wallpaper
Relive those epic Super Slow-mo moments by putting them on your lock screen. Simply select a clip, tap on the four-dot menu icon, and tap Set as Wallpaper.
· Easy Sharing
Once done, you can instantly share your masterpiece with friends via message, email, and social media (file size 640 x 352, around 10-15MB).
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.