What is Samsung DeX Pad and how to use it?
Samsung DeX Pad allows you to turn your phone into a computer and use it as a touchpad to navigate the Galaxy Desktop.
· Enjoy rich desktop-like experience complete with contextual menus, drag-and-drop functionality and multiple, resizable windows
· Acts as a phone charger
· Built-in cooling fan
· Lightweight: 135.4g
· Supports USD Type-C cable, HDMI, USB 2.0
· Only on supported mobile devices running Android 8.0 or higher.
· You can view the compatible device in the instruction section for the DeX Pad on the Samsung website.
· If you connect a Micro USB cable, the DeX Pad may malfunction or be damaged.
· All accessories, including the DeX Pad, are sold separately.
· For more information about using the DeX Pad, refer to the DeX Pad’s user manual.
To use Samsung DeX feature, you must have DeX Pad, Charger, HDMI cable and Monitor. Mouse
and keyboard are optional. A charger is required to activate Samsung DeX Pad
1. Connect the charger to the DeX Pad’s charger port (USB Type-C).
2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the DeX Pad’s HDMI port, and plug the other end of the cable into a TV or monitor’s HDMI port.
3. Connect the mobile device’s multipurpose jack to the mobile device connector (USB Type-C) on the DeX Pad.
4. Select the screen mode you want to use. You can select Samsung DeX mode or Screen mirroring mode.
· Use only the Samsung-approved charger supplied with your smartphone.
· Remove your mobile device from the DeX Pad when it is not in use. Otherwise, your mobile device’s battery will drain.
· Use only the HDMI cable supplied with the DeX Pad. Otherwise, the DeX Pad may not work properly.
· Ensure that your smartphone is horizontal to the connector. Otherwise, the DeX Pad and your smartphone may be damaged.
· Remove your phone cover before use, if not, your phone may not run Samsung DeX properly.
· If you want to use a keyboard or a mouse, connect them using the Dex Pad’s USB ports or via Bluetooth.
· Bixby voice recognition may not work properly after connecting the DeX Pad.
You can use your device as a touch pad, either horizontally or vertically. To control the screen, try the following touch pad gestures:
· Tap: Simulate left click - Select objects, open apps, activate buttons and more.
· Tap with 2 fingers: Simulate right click - Show more options menu.
· Swipe with 2 fingers: Scroll in any direction.
· Pinch with 2 fingers: Zoom in or out.
· Touch and hold: Select objects on the screen.
· Touch and hold and move: Move objects around the screen or select text.
Samsung DeX - Shows desktop-like user interface by connecting a smartphone to an external monitor and a mouse/keyboard
Mirroring - Shows the screen of a smartphone as it is on the external monitor
Side Sync - Shows the screen of a smartphone on a Windows PC with the purpose to operate the smartphone on the PC or to transfer files easily
How to update Samsung Dex
1. Go to Settings on Samsung Dex Mode
2. Tap Samsung DeX > Tap About Samsung DeX
3. Tap Update
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.