Wi-Fi Direct on my Galaxy Note 2
Last updated: 11 July, 2013
Wi-Fi Direct is a wireless technology that enables Wi-Fi Direct devices to connect directly to one another. This means users on the go can print documents, share data, sync files and display information from notebooks and netbooks as well as smartphones and tablets. Products certified Wi-Fi Direct can connect to other wireless devices without joining a traditional wireless network or Wi-Fi hotspot.
Wi-Fi Direct setup
- When on the Home screen touch the Menu key .
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Wi-Fi.
- Touch Wi-Fi Direct, located at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Your device will scan for other Wi-Fi Direct devices automatically. If the device you want to connect to is not listed make sure Wi-Fi Direct is turned on in the other device and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Touch the device to which you wish to connect. If you want to connect to more than one device via Wi-Fi Direct touch Multi-connect and mark all of the devices to which you'd like to connect and then touch Done.
The other device will receive an Invitation to connect prompt and the user will have 30 seconds to touch Accept for the connection to be made.
Once connected, the other device will be listed under Connected devices and the icon will display at the top of your screen.
Sending a file to a connected device
To share videos, pictures or other information with the connected device follow these steps:
- View the information you want to share. For example, if you want to share a photo find the photo in your camera viewer, Gallery or My Files and then touch the Share icon.
- Touch Wi-Fi Direct.
- Mark the box next to a connected device name (Android_Xxxx, for example) and then touch Done.
- You will see the Outbound transfers screen on your device. When the transfer is complete the receiving device will display a notification in its status bar showing that a Wi-Fi Direct file has been received.
Locating a received file from a connected device
To locate a file you've received through Wi-Fi Direct follow these steps:
1. When on the Home screen tap Apps .
2. Tap My Files (you may need to swipe left or right first to locate it).
3. Tap All files.
4. Tap sdcard0.
5. Tap ShareViaWifi (you may need to scroll down first to locate it).
Note: Depending on the other device model, the prompts and shared folder information may differ.
Need more help? Contact Us.
24 hours / 7 days a week
0800 M SAMSUNG
24 hours / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.