Samsung Electronics New Zealand Limited (“Promoter”)
Promotion Terms and Conditions
Galaxy S20 Museum of Lost Moments Competition
HOW TO ENTER
1. To be eligible to enter, individuals must select a photo taken by them of a ‘lost moment’ (“Photo”) and either:
(a) post the Photo in the comments on the relevant section of the Promoter’s Facebook Page; or
(b) message the Promoter with the Photo, on the Promoter’s Facebook or Instagram page between 24/07/2020 and 31/12/2020.
2. All valid entries will be viewed and a shortlist of four will be selected in the Promoter’s sole discretion, based on relevance and appropriateness to the campaign. Of these four, two will be selected by the Promoter to have the Photo re-shot on a Galaxy S20 Ultra by a professional photographer. The prize winner(s) will participate in a professional photoshoot of at least one hour and receive a minimum of one output for personal use. For the avoidance of doubt, a Prize winner will only be entitled to one photoshoot and no ‘reshoots’ will be provided by the Promoter in the event that the Prize winner is not satisfied with the results of the reshoot.
3. The Prize winner may be required to first sign acceptance of these terms and conditions before being eligible to enter the draw to win the Prize.
4. The Prize winner must provide proof of age and identity.
5. If an entrant is uder the age of 18 years they acknowledge that they have their parent's permission to enter the promotion and agree that if they win the Prize that their parent or guardian may be required to sign acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry on their behalf prior to claiming the Prize.
6. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees that the Promoter may (for a reasonable period of time) use his or her name and address for publicity purposes including without limitation packaging, public relations and marketing via the internet or otherwise without compensation. The winner agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the images and/or photograph/s.
7. The Prize must be taken as provided and no compensation will be payable if the Prize winner is unable to use the prize or an element of the Prize. The Prize is not negotiable or transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash or other goods or services.
8. The Prize winner should allow up to 21 business days for delivery.
9. If the prize winner is not located in Auckland the Promoter will not be responsible for any travel or accommodation necessary for the winner to use the Prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
14. Information on the prizes, how to enter, and the prize draw form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. Entry is open to New Zealand residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
16. By entering this competition you agree to receive marketing material from time to time from the Promoter. You may opt out of this at any stage by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the relevant marketing material.
17. In the event of any disputes in relation to entries online and identification of the person entering the draw by email the Promoter reserves the right to award the prizes to the email account holder.
18. The promotion (See "How to Enter" above) commences and closes at the times and dates specified. Entries must be received before 6pm on the 31st December 2020.
19. Any cost associated with accessing the promotion is the entrant’s responsibility.
20. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
21. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
(i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication including any email communication sent to (or by) the Promoter to any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
(ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
(iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the promotion.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an entrant participating in the promotion. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the offer, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim, original purchase documentation or respective prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in the respective prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or
(f) use of a respective prize.
24. Nothing in these conditions of entry is intended to exclude, restrict or modify a consumer's (as the term "consumer" is defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act) rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
25. If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these terms and conditions shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or condition (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these terms and conditions to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) appearing had not been inserted herein.
26. Records of all entries become and remain the sole property of the Promoter. Except where prohibited by applicable law and unless otherwise advised by the entrant, all entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter reserves the right to use entrants' data for the purpose of marketing its services to entrants provided that the Promoter will only send commercial electronic messages to those entrants that have "opted in" to receiving the same. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the promotion constitutes an entrant's consent to the storage, use and disclosure of the entrant's entry details as set out in these terms and conditions.
27. The Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the promotion or any part of the promotion, including the prizes, for any reason, including but not limited to if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter's reasonable control adversely affects the Promoter's ability to conduct the promotion or part of the promotion as contemplated in these terms and conditions, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Any cancellation or modification to the promotion will be notified on the Samsung Insider App: www.samsunginsider.co.nz
29. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and each eligible entrant submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
30. Administration of the promotion will take place at the offices of the Promoter at:
24 Warehouse Way
Telephone: 09 477 7000