What should I do when message appears 'File Error' on my ES digital camera
When using your ES60 digital camera, a 'File Error' message can occur in the following cases.
- The memory card has not been formatted in the camera. In such a case, you need to format your memory card.
- The files stored on the memory card are corrupted. In this case, you need to remove the corrupted files from the memory card. If it is not possible, format the memory card.
Memory card formatting
To format your memory card, please follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT: Transfer all your important data onto the PC before formatting the memory card, since formatting will erase all of the stored files on the memory card.
- Turn on your camera.
- Press the MENU button.
- Scroll through the menu using the directional left and right buttons to select Settings.
- Select Format and click the OK button. Select Yes, and then press OK. The formatting process will begin. After the format is complete, take a picture and preview it.
Other messages signalising memory card problems
Other error messages that signalise problems with your memory card are listed below.
- 'Card Error' - There is an unspecified problem with the memory card.
- Turn off the camera power and turn it on again.
- Reinsert the memory card.
- If this does not help, format the memory card using the previous instructions.
- 'Card Locked' - The memory card is locked and the files can not be created or deleted.
To unlock it, slide the switch down.
- 'Memory Full' - The memory card or the internal memory is full.
- Insert a new memory card.
- Delete unnecessary image files.
- 'No Image File' - There are no images stored in the memory.
- Take images.
- Insert a memory card that contains some images.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[PLDT, Smart & Sun Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7777 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.