Windows 7 downgrade Guide
Check list before installation
• Windows 7 installation DVD
• Need to backup all important data to external HDD or USB memory because all data will be removed.
• Connect power (The installation could fail in the event of power loss)
Change BIOS Option to Windows 7 compatible mode
• Enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2 key during the system booting after inserting the Windows 7 installation DVD into the system.
In case of slate system, you can enter the BIOS setup pressing the Windows button on center of bottom during the system booting.
Move to ‘Boot’ menu using ‘→’ key and select ‘Secure Boot’ and then change to ‘Disabled’.
Select ‘OS Mode Selection’ and change to ‘CSM OS’
Save all changed settings using ‘F10’ key and then boot to system.(Same as ‘Exit’ → ‘Exit Saving Changes‘ → ‘Yes’)
※ Note: Actions when the system can not boot to DVD
Enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2 key during the system booting after inserting the Windows 7 installation DVD into the system.
Move to ‘Advanced’ using ‘→’ key and change ‘Fast BIOS Mode’ to ‘Disabled’ Move to ‘Boot Device Priority’ menu and press Enter key.
Set the priority of ‘DVD’ as first. You can change priority using F5/F6 key
Save all changed settings using ‘F10’ key and then boot to system
• Start installation of Windows 7 by press any key when the ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD’ is displayed.
• Select language, Time zone, keyboard and then press “Next” button.
• Type the product key on DVD if the product key screen appears.
- Downgrade without product key is available if the customer have Win 8 pro license and want to downgrade to Win 7.
- If the customer have a retail Windows 7 DVD and try to downgrade using it, product key screens will be displayed.
Read EULA and check ‘agree’ check box and then select ‘Custom: (Advanced)’.
• Select partition to install Windows 7.
- Press ‘Drive options (Advanced)’
- Select partition and press delete button until only one “unallocated” remains.
- Create a new partition pressing “New” and setting the size for Windows partition.
- Press ‘Next’ button and start installation
• Wait until the instatllation is complete without other works.
• Register user information after finishing installation
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.