I Forgot My Windows Login Password. How Can I Reset It?
Tablet PCs: I Forgot My Windows Login Password. Can I Reset It?
Important: For your protection these safeguards were put in place by Microsoft. If these safeguards did not exist, anyone could reset the password to your computer and gain access to your private information.
Yes you can reset your Windows password using your Windows Password Reset Disk.
If you have forgotten your Windows Login Password, and you have not created a Password Reset Disk, you must login using your Administrator account to assign a new user password.
If you have forgotten your Administrator password, and you have not created a Password Reset Disk, unless you have another Administrator account, you will need to reinstall Windows. If you have a second Administrator account, you must log in to this account to assign a new user password.
Note: Samsung Recovery Solution (SRS) will remove all user accounts if you perform a "Complete Restore". However, depending on the version of Samsung Recovery Solution this does not remove the initial Administrator Account, so if you have forgotten the Administrator Account password, SRS will not benefit you.
- If your Tablet PC came with Windows 8 pre-installed, click here to Recover your computer with sRecovery.
- If your Tablet PC has Windows 7 or you have upgraded it to Windows 8, click here to perform a Complete Restore using Samsung Recovery Solution 5.
For additional questions or help reinstalling Windows please call 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864)
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
Available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.