[Windows 8] Fixing Windows 8 Boot Issues.
Checking PC Power Supply Connection
1. Verify that computer power cord is properly connected to your PC.
2. Press the 'Power' button to check the power LED.
Checking Monitor Connection
1. If your PC is connected to an external monitor,
make sure each component has good connections.
2. Check if the external monitor is turned on,
and then set the external monitor to the maximum brightness.
3. Press Fn + F3 key repeatedly to adjust the brightness for a
Resetting BIOS Setup
1. Laptop: Remove all devices that are connected to the computer.
Desktop and all-in-one PC: Remove all devices from the computer
except keyboard and mouse.
2. Press and hold the power button for at least 4 seconds to shut it down.
3. Turn the computer on again and immediately begin pressing
F2 key 3-4 times repeatedly to access ‘BIOS setup’.
4. Press 'F9' key to initialize the 'BIOS' settings then press 'Enter' key.
5. Press 'F10' key on 'BIOS' settings to save and exit 'BIOS' setup.
Recovering System Files
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Turn the computer on again, run the 'Recovery' program.
(If your system fails to access 'Recovery',
it could be due to hardware problem.)
3. Restore the boot files before restarting the system.
Restoring Your System to Its Original State
1. If an error message still appears, press and hold the
power button for at least 4 seconds to shut it down.
2. Turn the computer on again, access the 'Recovery' program
to roll back to its original status (see the video SS-102(E)).
If the problem persists after going through steps 1 to 5,
it could be due to hardware problem.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[PLDT, Smart & Sun Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7777 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.