Samsung Front Loader Washing Machine Maintenance
Keep the washing machine clean to prevent deteriorated performance and to preserve its life cycle
Perform this course regularly to clean the drum and to remove bacteria from it.
The water temperature for ECO DRUM CLEAN is set to 70 °C, which cannot be changed.
Do not use any cleaning agents for cleaning the drum. Chemical residue in the drum deteriorates the washing performance.
ECO DRUM CLEAN reminder
• The ECO DRUM CLEAN reminder appears on the main screen once every 40 washes. It is advisable to perform the ECO DRUM CLEAN regularly.
• When you first see this reminder, you can ignore the reminder for 6 consecutive times. From the 7th wash, the reminder does not appear. However, it appears again on the second 40th wash.
To enable this function, you must first download the Samsung Smart Washer app at the Play Store or the Apple Store, and install it on a mobile device featuring a camera function.
The Smart Check function has been optimized for Galaxy & iPhone series (applicable models only).
• The function name, Smart Check, may differ depending on the language.
• If the washing machine reflets light on the display, the app may fail to recognize the information code.
• If the app fails to recognize the Smart Check code consecutively, enter the information code manually onto the app screen.
All drying options except for the Time Dry option detect the weight of the laundry in order to display a more accurate drying time and dry the laundry more effectively. Refer to the chart below to select the appropriate drying option according to the type and amount of laundry and the moisture you want to leave.
• The drying result may differ depending on the selected washing cycle and the type/amount of laundry.
• If both washing and drying cycles are selected, the spin speed is automatically set to enhance the drying efficiency.
• In case you want to dry laundry after a hand wash, turn the cycle selector to select the spin cycle, and then select a drying option for best performance.
• When drying is complete, dust from the dry surface of the clothes may remain on the diaphragm due to the ironing effect that prevents wrinkles.Alternatively, you can easily remove it with a damp towel or cloth.
The Air Wash function refreshes garments through Samsung’s unique air-washing technology without the need for water.
Refer to the chart below for the usage and cycle time of each Air Wash cycle.
• The recommended maximum load capacity for the Air Wash cycles is 1 kg or less (one or two items). If you overload the drum,, the deodorization or sanitization efficiey may be reduced.
• You can add a fragrance sheet to the laundry to add fragrance during the Air Wash cycle
Do not use any Air Wash cycles for the following items
• Heat-sensitive garments made from leather, mink, fur, silk, etc.
• Underwear trimmed with lace, doll cushions, and trims on dress suits may become loose.
• Clothes trimmed with buttons can cause them to break.
• Clothes full of starch may become deformed.
• Hard bedding
• Electric blankets, furry or bulky blankets
• Latex pillows
In case of a power failure, drain the water inside the drum before taking out the laundry.
Surface of the washing machine
Use a soft cloth with a nonabrasive household detergent. Do not spray water onto the washing machine.
1. Open the Add Door.
2. Use a wet cloth to clean the Add Door. Do not use cleaning agents.
Discolouration may occur.
- Use caution when cleaning the rubber packing and the locking mechanism (A).
- Dust off the window area regularly.
3. Wipe up and close the Add Door until you hear a clicking sound.
• Do not apply force on the Add Door. It may break.
• Do not leave the Add Door open while the machine is operating.
• Do not put heavy objects on the Add Door at any time.
• To prevent physical injury, do not touch the Add Door while the drum is rotating.
• Do not open the Add Door while the machine is operating. This may cause physical injury.
• Do not manipulate the feature panel while the Add Door is open. This may cause physical injury or system failure.
• Do not input objects other than laundry.
• Do not input bulky items to the drum through the Add Door.
• Do not pull out the rubber packing of the Add Door when cleaning. This may cause damage.
Clean the mesh filter of the water hose once or twice a year.
NOTE: If the mesh filter is clogged, an information code of “4C” appears on the screen.
It is advisable to clean the pump filter 5 or 6 times a year to prevent its clogging. A clogged pump filter may reduce the bubble effect.
• Some pump filters feature a safety knob that is designed to prevent accidents by children. To open the safety knob of the pump filter, push in and turn it anticlockwise. The spring mechanism of the safety knob helps open the filter.
• To close the safety knob of the pump filter, turn it clockwise. The spring makes a rattling sound, which is normal.
• If the pump filter is clogged, an information code of “5C” appears on the screen.
• Make sure the filter knob is closed properly after cleaning the filter. Otherwise, this may cause a leak.
• Make sure the filter is inserted properly after cleaning it. Otherwise, this may cause an operational failure or a leak.
NOTE: To remove remaining detergent, perform the RINSE+SPIN cycle with the drum being empty
The washing machine may freeze when it drops below 0 °C.
Avoid leaving the washing machine unused for an extended time. If this is the case, drain the washing machine and unplug the power cord.