Common misconceptions on Galaxy Note9
This is a normal phenomenon related to flicker of light source that occurs when the light source taking the form of a flashingfrequency of the fluorescent lamp to the camera.
Flicker phenomenon can mainly be generated at a shutter speed of 1/120 or more and it occurs in the characteristics of the CMOS sensor. This is normal operation which can happen on all camera with CMOS sensor and it’s caused by CMOS sensor’s original specification.
The sound is due to the Camera Lens Barrel that required to operate the Auto Focus function.
Samsung Galaxy Note9 supports a dual-lens camera and it consists of a 12MP main camera with a wide angle of view and a 12MP telephoto camera. Both cameras also support the Auto Focus feature required for high quality and high resolution of camera.
Auto Focus feature adjusts focus by moving the Lens units up and down over the Image Sensor. This enables Auto Focus speed and accuracy and helps in reducing battery usage.
However Camera module is fitted with a Stopper part to limit lens unit movement within the space for the Camera module.
When the device is shaken, the lens and stopper will touch causing a noise to occur. This is normal due to the operation of Auto Focus feature of the camera and the device is not faulty.
The colors on the curved screen may look different depending on your viewing position.
The slight green tint in color at the edges of the Galaxy Note9 display that you may observe on occasion is due to a phenomenon called WAD (White Angular Dependency) which is due to the inclined curved surface of the Note9 edge screen.
For an AMOLED display, the WAD phenomenon results in the color white sometimes appearing to have a Green tint, or on occasion a Blue or Yellow, Red tint when viewing the AMOLED at an angle.
But when viewing directly from the front or side, the color will be as expected
To prevent misrecognition or incorrect operation when holding the device, the screen has been designed intentionally to not respond when touching the edges of the screen. As a result, the device may not recognize touch inputs outside of the touch screen input area.
This is part of the normal operation of the device
Your Galaxy Note9 device supports water- and dust-resistance of IP68 level.
IP68 rating means complete protection from dust ingress, and temporary immersion in up to 1.5m of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
But, if you charge the device while wet after USB port is exposed by water, there is the risk of short circuits and device may damage.
To prevent this, Galaxy Note9 limits to charge properly when USB port is wet by humidity, moisture or water and displays the caution notification text with water recognition icon on both notification panel and AOD screen.
At that time, dry the device thoroughly before use and keep it during certain period of time at a well-ventilated place. Additionally for faster drying, it will help that you hold the Galaxy Note9 while speaker of device is facing down and shake device smoothly a few times. Or, dry device thoroughly using cool wind.
If you are still having trouble after trying these tips, please contact a Samsung Service Centre.
While charging, the device and the charger may become hot. During wireless charging or fast charging, the device may feel hotter to the touch. This does not affect the device’s lifespan or performance and is in the device’s normal range of operation. If the battery becomes too hot, the charger may stop charging.
※ Battery charging tips and precautions:
When using smartphone products, please pay attention to the following points and use them safely.
• When using the wireless charger, do not place foreign materials, such as metal objects, magnets, and magnetic stripe cards, between the device and the wireless charger. Especially, do not place cards such as RFID card, credit card, Door lock card between device and back cover. The device may not charge properly or may overheat and may cause damage the device.
• Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Charge-related products affect a direct impact on the safety of the user, so be careful when selecting the product.Unapproved chargers including Car chargers or cables may cause the performance problems and malfunctions or damage the device that are not covered by the warranty.
• Using Non Samsung-approved products (ex: wireless charger, USB cables, car chargers, Micro USB Connector, USB power adaptor) that are not guaranteed to be compatible may cause damage to the product.
• If the lower part of the device overheats, it could be because the connected USB cable is damaged. Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved one.
• Be careful not to let foreign objects into the charger connector (connector, plug). It may cause overheating due to corrosion or temporary short-circuit of power terminal.
• If you charge the device while the multipurpose jack is wet, the device may be damaged. Thoroughly dry the multipurpose jack before charging the device
During wireless or wired charging, the device and the charger may become hot.
If the device heats up or the ambient air temperature rises, the charging speed may decrease automatically.
If the battery becomes to specific temperature while charging, charging algorithm to protect device overheating operates and accordingly the charger may stop charging.
This is a normal operating condition to prevent damage to the device. Wait for the device to cool down and then begin charging the device again.
This is Black Sun phenomenon that can appear when specific pixel is focused by too much amount of lights at the same time.
This is normal operation which can happen on all camera with CMOS sensor. At such a environment, we recommend to change a lower exposure value(*Exposure determines how much light the camera’s sensor receives)
While on the call, screen is turned on or off automatically based on detecting some subjects on the display by proximity sensor.
If devices like headset, earphone, and so on are connected on your phone, screen is continuously turned on as proximity sensor is deactivated.It is a normal operation and your phone is not faulty.
The screen will be turned off when:
• When the device is closed to your ear.
• Bluetooth is turned off and any physical connections such as headset, earphone and so on are detached from the phone The screen will be turned on when the home key is pressed.
If screen is turned on continuously without any connection, please visit the authorized service center to check your device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Before calling us, there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note : Call conversation is recorder for quality, monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[Free access for all Networks ]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
**Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019