Galaxy Note 8 :How do I backup my device data on external storage?
With Samsung Cloud and PC, you can also backup your data, such as images, contacts, messages, and apps to external storages (i.e. microSD card or USB memory, external HDD) via Smart Switch and restore from it.
Before using microSD card, please ensure next options:
• Some memory cards may not be fully compatible with the device. Using an incompatible card may damage the device or the memory card, or corrupt the data stored in it.
• Use caution to insert the memory card right-side up.
• The device supports the FAT32 and the exFAT file systems for memory cards. When inserting a card formatted in a different file system, the device asks to reformat the memory card.
• When inserting a memory card into the device, the memory card’s file directory appears in the My Files > SD card folder
To install a memory card,
• If you insert the tray into your device while the tray is wet, your device may be damaged. Always make sure the tray is dry.
• Fully insert the tray into the tray slot to prevent liquid from entering your device.
Steps to backup data to microSD card or USB memory via SmartSwitch:
• Plug the USB connector(USB Type-C) to the USB power adaptor and plug the USB memory/external HDD into an electric socket.
• On Apps screen tap Settings > Cloud and accounts > Smart Switch > More >External storage transfer > BACK UP
• Select contents to backup and activate back up.
• If data backup is completed, you can check the data My Files > SD card >SmartSwitchBackup folder.
To restore backup data from microSD card or USB memory via SmartSwitch:
• On Apps screen tap Settings > Cloud and accounts > Smart Switch > More >External storage transfer > RESTORE
• Select contents to restore and activate restore.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
Just Dial #GALAXY (#425299)
[Free call to all networks]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.