Galaxy S6: How to set a music file as a ringtone?
Your device can turn songs or music files you have downloaded, such as MP3s, into custom ringtones. You can also set up a personalized ringtone for each of your contacts.
Assign a Personal Ringtone
You can assign custom ringtones to your contacts. This makes it easier to identify a caller without needing to look at your device's screen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Contacts .
2. Touch the desired contact, and then touch EDIT to edit the contact's information.
3. Scroll to and touch Ringtone.
4. Scroll down and touch Add ringtone to create a custom ringtone from the sounds stored on your device.
5. If necessary, quickly double-touch Sound picker.
6. Select the music file you want to use. You can touch the file name to preview the music file, and touch it again to pause.
7. Mark the Highlights only checkbox to use highlights from the song for the ringtone, instead of playing the song from the beginning.
8. Touch DONE to set the ringtone.
Create a Custom Ringtone
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Sounds and notifications .
Note: It may be necessary to scroll down and then touch Sounds and notifications under the Device tab.
4. Touch Ringtones and sounds.
5. Touch Ringtone.
6. Scroll to and touch Add ringtone .
7. Quickly double-touch Sound picker, if necessary, and select the music file you want to use.
8. Mark the Highlights only checkbox to use highlights from the song for the ringtone, instead of playing the song from the beginning.
9. Touch DONE to set the ringtone.
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
1-800-10-7267864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-7267864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit HP website .
Face to Face Support
Find out more about how you can get face to face help.