How do I connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to my Galaxy Gear 2?
Last updated: 27 March, 2014
Turn on your Gear 2
1. Press and hold the Power button on your Gear 2 for a few seconds to turn the Gear 2 on.
Connect your Galaxy Gear 2 to the internet
Note: the steps below concern connecting your Gear 2 to a Wi-Fi network. A 3G or 4G connection will also suffice, but please be aware that your mobile network may charge you for use of 3G or 4G if such use is not already covered by your monthly fee.
2. On your Galaxy S5's Home screen touch Apps.
3. Touch Settings.
4. Touch Wi-Fi.
5. Touch the slider in the top-right of the screen if it isn't in the on position.
6. Touch the name of your Wi-Fi network in the list to connect to it (if you're not already connected).
Install the Samsung Gear Manager
7. From the Home screen of your Galaxy S5 touch Apps.
8. Touch Samsung Apps (you may need to swipe left or right first to locate it).
9. Search for "Samsung Gear Manager" and touch Samsung Gear Manager in the results.
10. Touch Download and then open the app once it has downloaded.
Pair your Gear 2 with your Galaxy S5 through the Gear Manager app
11. If a disclaimer message appears on opening Gear Manager scroll to the bottom and then touch Accept.
12. Gear Manager will begin searching for Bluetooth devices. Check your Gear 2 for its name and then touch that name in the list of available devices in the Gear Manager app.
13. Touch OK in the Bluetooth pairing request message box.
14. Touch Accept on your Gear 2.
15. Touch all the check boxes in the End User Licence Agreement to mark them with ticks and then touch Finish. (You do not need to check the 'Yes' radio button, but doing so will enable the app to send Samsung error log data and, by extension, help Samsung improve your Gear 2 and everyone else's).
Confirm the pairing was successful
16. Scroll down in Gear Manager and touch Find my Gear.
17. Touch Start.
18. Your Gear 2 will ring. Touch Stop in Gear Manager to cease your device's search for your Gear 2.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Before calling us, there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note : Call conversation is recorder for quality, monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[Free access for all Networks ]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
**Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019