How do I connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to my TV with an HDMI cable?
Last updated: 16 April, 2014
Note: most digital rights management-protected content cannot be displayed using the HDTV adapter. Please ensure the HDTV is compatible with viewing videos or other media stored on your device using the HDTV adapter. Refer to your TV owner's manual for correct HDMI settings. Your HDTV may not display an image when connecting the HDTV adapter to a desktop dock.
To connect your Galaxy S5 to your TV you will need an HDMI cable and an HDTV adapter, both of which are sold separately from your Galaxy S5.
Using the HDTV adapter
To connect the HDTV adapter to your device follow the steps below.
1. Connect one end of a universal HDMI cable (sold separately) into the HDTV adapter.
2. Connect the other end to the HDMI port on your TV. Ensure your TV input settings have the right HDMI port selected. See your TV owner's manual to get more information.
3. Connect your travel charger to the HDTV adapter and then to a power source. Note: this is an optional step and should be used if you would like to maintain your battery's charge.
4. Connect the HDTV adapter connector into the power/accessory interface connector on your device. This is the same port you normally use to connect your travel charger. The TV screen will instantly display what is on your device's Home screen.
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[PLDT, Smart & Sun Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7777 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.