How do I set up and use the Finger Scanner on my Samsung Galaxy S5?
Last updated: 2 April, 2014
Registering a fingerprint or thumbprint
1. Choose which finger (or thumb) you'd like to use to unlock your device. We recommend choosing the thumb, index finger or middle finger of your dominant hand.
2. Ensure the finger or thumb you've decided to use is dry and clean (your device will need to take a clear scan of your fingerprint or thumbprint).
3. From the Home screen touch Apps.
4. Touch Settings.
5. Scroll down and touch Finger Scanner.
6. Touch Fingerprint manager and then touch OK.
7. Slide your fingertip or thumbtip over the scanner, as shown in the animation on your device, eight times. Each time you do so successfully an indicator will display green.
Your device will tell you if one of your attempts is unsuccessful. Simply retry to continue.
8. After registering your fingerprint or thumbprint you will be asked to enter a backup password. Enter a memorable password that is at least four characters long and includes at least one letter. Touch Continue when finished.
9. Re-enter your password and then touch OK.
10. Touch OK on the 'Enable Fingerprint lock' window and then touch Fingerprint on the 'Screen unlock settings' page.
Unlocking your device with your fingerprint or thumbprint
1. You will now be able to unlock your device with the finger or thumb you registered on your device. If an unlock attempt does not work your device will tell you why and you will be allowed to retry (a maximum of four times).
2. If you fail to scan your registered fingerprint or thumbprint five times you will be asked to enter your backup password to unlock your device.
Adding or removing a fingerprint or thumbprint
1. From the Home screen touch Apps.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Scroll down and touch Finger Scanner.
4. Touch Fingerprint Manager.
5. Use your registered finger or thumb to continue.
<img style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 0px solid; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 0px solid" title="GS5 - Use Your Finger or Thumb to Continue" alt="GS5 - Use Your Finger or Thumb to Continue" src="http://skp.samsungc
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[PLDT, Smart & Sun Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7777 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.