How does the Flaw Detection feature work on Galaxy mobile devices
The Intelligent Camera on your Galaxy device has Flaw Detection software that can detect when certain blemishes or flaws appear in your photos. The Flaw Detection feature directly analyses the pictures you take with your mobile device and provides re-shooting notifications when an error is detected.
However, it has some limitations; for example, some Flaw Detection pops up only appear when certain settings are enabled.
Accuracy of Flaw Detection may differ depending on surrounding conditions or subject. Blink and blur detection works best when there are three or fewer people in the frame, 1.5 meters or closer to the camera. Lens smudge and backlight detection may only work once in a 24-hour span. Please refer to below operation algorithm used for Flaw detection.
• Eye Blink
- Measures the eye size in preview
- Detects any change in the eye size when the shutter clicks, and checks whether the eyes blinked.
• Motion Blur
- Detects blur caused from the photographer's shaky hands by using the sensor in the device.
- Detects face blur by recognizing the subject's face movement.
• Lens Smudge
- Gives a notice only once during the first 10 seconds of opening the Camera app to prevent its usability from decreasing.
• Back Light
- Detects backlight by distinguishing saturated areas in the image data input into the sensor.
- Recommends the user to use "HDR auto" when HDR is off.
Activate Flaw Detection
Flaw detection is on my default, but you here's how to turn it on. Open the Camera app, and then tap Settings. Scroll to and select Flaw detection to turn on or off.