How to Add and Remove Shortcuts on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
Adding an app shortcut
1. Swipe left or right to the Home screen panel on which you want to add an app shortcut (unless you're already on the panel you want).
2. Find the app you want (you may need to swipe left or right) and then touch and hold on its icon. The Apps menu will close and the app you're pressing down on will hover over the Home screen.
3. While still holding the icon drag it to where you want it on the screen and release the icon to place it down.
Removing an app shortcut
1. On the Home screen touch and hold on the app shortcut you wish to remove.
2. While still holding the icon drag it to the recycle bin. Note: this will not delete the app, just its shortcut.
Adding a widget
A widget is a simple application extension that is often part of a larger application already installed on the device. Widgets come in various sizes (unlike app shortcuts), are customizable and reside on any available Home screen panel for quick access.
Widgets provide you with quick access to information without requiring you to open the app that manages this information. An example would be the Calendar widget, which provides you with a brief overview of your upcoming calendar events without you needing to open the Calendar app.
Some of your apps have widgets and others don't. Follow the steps below to add a widget to your Home screen.
1. Navigate to the Home screen panel on which you want to add a widget (unless you're already on that panel) and then touch and hold an empty area of the screen. Then touch Widgets.
2. Swipe left or right to locate the widget you want and then touch and hold on it until the edit screen appears.
3. Continue holding the widget and move it to where you want it placed.
4. Release the widget to place it on the Home screen. If you release the widget on a Home screen where there is not enough room your device will show the message "No more room on this page" and automatically move the widget to the next available Home screen where there is enough space for it.
Removing a widget
1. On the Home screen touch and hold on the widget you wish to remove.
2. While still holding the widget drag it to the recycle bin.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Before calling us, there are some information we need to obtain from you. Please get ready with model code, serial number and date of purchase.
Note : Call conversation is recorder for quality, monitoring and/or training purposes for our continuous quality improvement.
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[Free access for all Networks ]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 8-422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.
**Standard Landline numbers have been updated to comply with the NTC ruling effective October 6, 2019