S8/S8+ : The color at the edges appears slightly green in color. ? Is my device faulty?
Your device is not faulty. The colors on the curved screen may look different depending on your
The slight green tint in color at the edges of the Galaxy S8/S8+ display that you may observe on
occasion is due to a phenomenon called WAD (White Angular Dependency) which is due to
the inclined curved surface of the S8/S8+ edge screen.
For an AMOLED display, the WAD phenomenon results in the color white sometimes appearing
to have a Green tint, or on occasion a Blue or Yellow tint when viewing the AMOLED at an
angle. But when viewing directly from the front or side, the color will be as expected.
Not the solution you are looking for? Get in touch with us!
• Call our Customer Contact Center. Check the numbers here
• Chat with our customer service representative through this link.
• Email us through this link.
• You can also leave your contact details (name, phone number, & email) on our survey form below
and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[PLDT, Smart & Sun Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7777 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.