Tips to maintain water- and dust- resistance of Galaxy S7
Can I use my Galaxy S7 device in sea water?
The Galaxy S7 is an IP68 Rated device. IP68 rating means complete protection from dust
ingress, and temporary immersion in up to 1.5 metre of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
Please use caution not to immerse the device in water deeper than 1.5 m or keep it submerged
for more than 30 minutes.
Samsung guarantee simple life water-resistance when the SIM Tray is attached tightly but does
not guarantee that the device will operate normally if it is used in water or other liquids.
How to properly care for and use your Samsung Galaxy S7
Generally, we advise not to expose the device to water moving with force at high pressure.
Besides, we advise not to immerse the device in hot water including salt water, ionized water, or soapy water.
• If the device is exposed to clean water, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
And, if after use in sea water, special attention must be paid to the device.
• If the device is allowed to dry naturally after exposure to sea water, it is possible that points
such as the Microphone, Speaker and Earpiece may be blocked due to salt or sand.
• After exposure to sea water please immediately rinse the sealed device gently with clean
water after contact with salt water or other substances.
• After rinsing the device please dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
• However exposing device to other liquids not clean water with ambient temperature may
affect to the device’s performance and appearance even if you may rinse device with clean water and dry it thoroughly.
Not the solution you are looking for? Get in touch with us!
• Call our Customer Contact Center. Check the numbers here
• Chat with our customer service representative through this link.
• Email us through this link.
• You can also leave your contact details (name, phone number, & email) on our survey form below
and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Need help? Contact Us for Support.
Call Support 24/7
#GALAXY (just dial #425299)
[PLDT, Smart & Sun Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7777 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2177 [Standard Landline]
1-800-10-726-7864 [PLDT Toll Free]
1-800-8-726-7864 [Globe Toll Free]
(02) 422-2111 [Standard Landline]
* For Toll Free numbers, just directly dial 1-800 followed by the network number.