Step 1. If your model has an Automatic Control Lock, you will need to unlock it first.
Step 2. Touch and hold the correct button combination from the following list (or consult your user manual) for 5 seconds until the lights go out or come back on.
- Door Alarm and Water/Ice
- Freezer and Door Alarm
- Power Freeze and Power Cool
- When a specific button is intermittently not operated
If only a specific button is not available, it may be caused by a gap between the contacts of the button.
Press and hold [Lock/Unlock] to change to unlocked and then press the button with force.
- When the display sometimes looks dim
The brightness and color pattern of the refrigerator display may differ depending on the model. Especially if the overall color of the door is white, the display may feel blurry. It is not a malfunction unless the character is broken or is not visible on the display.
- Due to drastic power fluctuations (Only for the French Door model)
The display screen on your refrigerator may not function correctly due to drastic power fluctuations.
When this happens, the fridge screen will display 88 88.
- If the fridge display is showing 88 88 (all eights) and is still cooling properly, then unplug the refrigerator for 60 seconds and then plug it back in.
- If the display does not return to normal after 2 minutes, then contact an authorized Samsung service center.