[Galaxy S5] Why the download booster does not work even it was enabled?
A : Under next situations, Download booster feature doesn’t work.
1. When you download large files, the device may heat up.
If the device exceeds a set temperature, the feature will turn off.
2. This feature supports Hypertext Transmission Protocol (HTTP) 1.1 only.
So, It can be activated in Play Store, Samsung Apps, Samsung Video , YouTube,
Play Movies, Play Games, Internet(S-Browser), Chrome (ChromeBrowser), Baidu,
and not all applications.
The feature cannot be used with other protocols, such as HTTPS or FTP.
So, it’s not supported regarding to attached files of E-mail , Streaming service like
Dropbox or Twitter
3. It support only for downlink under environment of Wi-Fi and LTE(NOT 3G) networks
4. It only work regarding to contents over 30MB
5. When speed difference of Wi-Fi and LTE occurs more than 5 times, download booster
In the case the speed difference is big, it show rather inefficient situation on speed side if
download booster is applied.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Find the nearest place where you can get your issue fixed.