Galaxy S9/S9+: Are Galaxy S9 and S9+ Dust and Water Resistant (IP68 rating)?
Whether you’re a hiking enthusiast who hits the mountains every weekend or you just live in a bustling city, having a durable phone gives you peace of mind. You can be as adventurous as you like knowing your Galaxy S9 and S9+ is equipped with protection from water, dirt, and grime. IP (Ingress Protection) is a universally accepted measure of varying degrees of dust and liquid resistance. Galaxy S9 and S9+ has an IP rating of 68, which means you can bring it with you on adventures and take comfort in knowing your phone can keep up with your active lifestyle.
Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to your phone:
· Whenever your phone gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
· Do not expose your phone to salt water or ionized water. If your phone is exposed to salt water, wash it with fresh water, and then dry thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Otherwise, when it dries, salt may accumulate and block the primary microphone, earpiece, and external speaker.
· When drying off your phone, be sure to pat the earpiece (top front of the phone), primary microphone (bottom), external speaker (back), and the power/accessory (USB) interface connector with a clean, soft cloth to remove as much water as possible.
· When making a call immediately after your phone is wet, the microphone may have water in it, which may lower the volume that the other person will hear. After drying off your phone, allow it to air-dry before making a call.
· Physical damage to your phone such as chips and cracks can significantly reduce its ability to resist dust and water.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Find the nearest place where you can get your issue fixed.