[Gear 360] How to connect with mobile device using wifi-direct?
When the Gear 360 and your mobile device are remotely connected via Wi-Fi Direct, you can record videos and take photos from the mobile device. You can also view the videos and images captured by the Gear 360 on the mobile device.
Launch the Samsung Gear 360 app on your mobile device, and then tap 360 Camera to activate the remote viewfinder. Or, tap 360 Gallery to access the videos and images saved in the Gear 360. Your mobile device’s Wi-Fi feature will be activated automatically and the Gear 360 is connected with your mobile device via Wi-Fi Direct.
Notices for using Wi-Fi:
• Ensure that your Samsung Gear 360 and the other Bluetooth device are within the Bluetooth connection range (5 m).
The distance may vary depending on the environment the devices are used in.
• Ensure that there are no obstacles between the Samsung Gear 360 and a connected device, including human bodies, walls, corners, or fences.
• If a mobile device connects to the Samsung Gear 360 via Wi-Fi Direct while it is connected to a Wi-Fi network, the mobile device’s screen may flicker due to the limited capability of the Wi-Fi network.
• Using a mobile device near other devices which are connected to the Wi-Fi network may affect the signal strength and cause the screen to flicker.
• The transfer time may take longer depending on the Wi-Fi connection status and file size.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Find the nearest place where you can get your issue fixed.