How can I solve Remote control operation problem?
Generally, If you have a remote control problem, you should check the battery at first.
• Replace the remote control batteries.
• Clean the upper edge of the remote control (transmission window).
• Check the battery terminals.
If that does not work, please follow another method.
There are four conditions that can cause a remote to function improperly :
• Bad batteries.
• An electronic glitch in the remote.
• A defective remote.
defective remote sensor on the TV
To determine which of these conditions is causing your problem, follow these steps:
1) Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote and remove both batteries.
2) Press and hold any button on the remote for 20 Seconds.
3) Release the button and reinsert the batteries properly.
Important : Make sure to insert the batteries properly.
4) If the remote works, there was a glitch in the remote that was cleared when you discharged the remote in step2. If the remote does not work, continue to step5.
5) Replace the batteries in the remote with new batteries.
Important : Make sure to insert the new batteries.
6) If the remote works, your original batteries are dead. Continue using with new batteries. If the remote does not work, there may be something wrong with the remote or with the remote sensor on the TV. Continue to step7.
To test tour remote and the remote sensor, perform one of the following tests:
Digital Camera test or
Another remote on this TV.
1. Digital Camera test
If you have ant digital camera (including a camera phone), you can test any remote. To test the remote, follow these steps:
1) Turn your camera on.
2) Aim the remote at the lens of the camera from about 6-10 inches away.
3) Press any button on the remote. You will see the Infra Red eye of the remote flashing on the LCD screen of tour camera if the remote is working properly.
4) If the above test indicated the remote is working, the problem is in the remote sensor on the TV. If the above test indicated that remote is not working, you have a defective remote.
2. Test Another Remote on this TV
If the TV has another remote that is known to work on this TV, you can test that remote on the TV. To test a second remote on the TV, follow these steps:
1) Make sure that the second remote is in the TV mode.
2) Press [Power] on the remote and see if it turns the TV on.
If the TV turns on, the problem is in your Samsung remote. If the TV does not turn on, the problem is in the remote sensor.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Find the nearest place where you can get your issue fixed.