Galaxy S9/S9+: What should I do when my device doesn’t recognize my fingerprint?
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
• The fingerprint recognition sensor recognizes fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
• The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
From 08:00AM – 10:00PM All week Days
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .